Cycling

Today I managed to squeeze in a 27 mile ride, moderately hilly, and managed an average just south of 18mph. With some friendly rivalry building over the London to Brighton with some work colleagues, I should be in good shape!

Wombcat, there are a few tears in it, but nothing serious. I suspect it is due to me pumping it up when it was cold, and then it getting warmer. The tyres are land cruisers which I hope will last a bit longer, they've only had about 1500 miles.

Look what the postman brought me... 34t Chainring with an 'inner-outer' machined tooth profile designed for chain retention. Manufactured in the UK too! :thumbsup: Now I don't have to use a front derailleur or left shifter and and my bike will look 'cleaner'.

I do love cycling technology...

011.jpg012.jpg013.jpg

gethinceri 11-32 or 11-34, can't quite remember. But I almost always use the middle ring on my triple crankset so I figured why not make the bike look better, be lighter and have less chain drops on my weekend rides.

I use the bike for trails more so than on the road. Only time I use it on the road is for commuting, and I havn't done that in a month because I can't get out of bed early enough...

Might try fitting it on Saturday, I'll get a picture to see if the bike does look better.

Evans Cycles in Leeds city centre doesn't sell crank pullers. Even though it's on their website... wtf :(

Not got round to attaching the chainring and new cranks yet.

Nope, my next race is the big wheel, hoping to practice the route tommorow with my new gear. Look a bit less like I nicked it now. Good luck for tommorow The Pits.

Back
Top Bottom