Formula E Buenos Aires ePrix Race Discussion

The Trulli team and the Dragon team were virtually none existent this weekend. They obviously got a bit left behind after the test in Uruguay.

There is no different rule but because the pitstops taken over a minute and the lap was such a short one the safety car picked up the leader of the pack from the first group that had stopped. A group of 5 (Sam Bird jumped a red light) stopped and came out ahead of the other cars on track but also in front of the safety car.

What they probably should have done is slow and let the safety car past but they didn't. The safety car then had to wave the entire field past (much in the way it does when it comes out and is trying to pick the leader up). Technically when the whole pack caught up they should have then waved the lapped cars past as well but the didn't.

The whole thing was not communicated well by the teams to the drivers.

I've only seen the races in China (crap), the end of Uruguay (pretty entertaining) and all of Argentina (utterly insane) and if they keep up this entertainment improvement I don't even know what the end of the season will look like. This has so much potential its amazing. Shows that speed isn't everything. Cars are slow enough that the drivers will take some insane risks but have low enough grip levels to truly test the drivers, even at lower speeds.

If speed isn't everything you should watch some of the day to day cycle races, especially in Belgium. There's often a sprint prize nearly every lap so there's always plenty of action.

Did anyone notice the TV cameras trying some new stuff this race? I can't remember which corner it was but the had a brilliant track height fixed camera shot of them barreling through. Was really exciting to see.

If speed isn't everything you should watch some of the day to day cycle races, especially in Belgium. There's often a sprint prize nearly every lap so there's always plenty of action.
Not often you catch that stuff on TV in America. I do love watching the Tour de France. Possibly the most captivating sporting event out there.

And quite possibly the most corrupt.

No offence to the guys who I know enjoy their cycling...
Maybe 10-20 years ago but not now. The sport has cleaned up its act quite nicely. F1 has a strong argument for most corrupt sport. Anyways lets close down this tour/corruption convo as its off topic and headed nowhere good.

Formula E still has those concrete walls to ensure at least one safety car every race. If it really is a racing series it should not need that.

Hopefully it can build up enough support to move to proper circuits; rather than being a purely street circuit series.

For a first season I've been impressed at how good the racing and spectacle has been. It has certainly justified the huge effort required to start a new racing series.

I think the street circuits are part of the charm as its add an extra level of skill.

A circuit is never responsible for a safety car. They are down to driver or mechanical error. With a decent amount of cranes things can be cleared away a lot quick than some normal circuits.

Back
Top Bottom