Formula E Buenos Aires ePrix Race Discussion

Did he? He got bulked by Franck and had a pretty anon race afterwards. After JEV's performance and Matty Brabham coming through the field from near dead last to a 5th place before throwing it off the road I think its fair to say that the Andretti drivers underperformed in the first two rounds.

But then if you're coked up I guess its hard to concentrate on the road.

Local race times below. The UK is 3 hours ahead.
So 1600hrs for the Argies should be 1900hrs in UK.

screenshot.13.jpg

Wow that puts The Wacky Races to shame. I lost count of the race leader changes. Brilliant fun. Di Grassi my driver of the day, fantastic overtakes, just a dam shame he was robbed of the win by yet another suspension failure. The manufacturer needs to address that it's not good enough.

Loved that race! Had my fantasy bet on Buemi so was sitting smug until about 3/4 of the way through.
No idea what was happening with the safety car though.

So far, I have been rather enjoying the Formula E season. In this race it seemed like there were more lead changes than in the entire F1 season last year. At least we are getting racing throughout the field, not runaway snooze fests.

Nothing happened after the first lap until there was a safety car; this happened about the time everyone was getting close to car swap time, so they did, to pretty well stay in the same position that they were in earlier. I liked the bit about the safety car picking up the wrong car so that when it was all clear they took another two or there laps to decide who had to pass and who didn't. This was followed by a section where drivers were in the fuel position to go with few problems of running short. This was then followed by another safety car after which all hell was let loose by drive throughs and simply bad driving.

Do there have to be walls all round the circuit, the slightest run off line finishes up with a safety car,. It's so bad that the ITV commentators were talking about the lack of safety cars just before the half way problem. There doesn't seem to be much in the way of run-offs either, oh, but that might result in fewer safety cars which seems to be why the spectators are there.

That was fun - the safety car was a bit of a cock up, coinciding with the pit stops, but a "destruction derby". Sam Bird and Nick Heidfeld must be kicking themselves as either could have won it if they had bothered to follow the rules in the pit lane. Shame they have made to suspension out cardboard, interesting that Franchitti thinks that Miami and Long Beach will be even more testing for the suspension so we might not even have a car finish ;)

Taught they strengthened the suspension for this race. :o
Quick Nick is given his name to much credit.:) 2nd time in a row that they messed up in the pits.

Back
Top Bottom