Formula E Buenos Aires ePrix Race Discussion

Well they have 2 months to sort of the suspension. Next race is same weekend of the first F1 race.

I was wondering what I was going to do with my weekend viewing then remembered the 6 nations starts in 4 weeks.

Blimey that was the race that no one wanting to win wasn't it? Very pleased for Felix Da Costa and Amlin Aguri (who have the best Twitter feed by the way) who really have come from nowhere.

Safety car was a bit of a mess but you live and learn from the series. Drivers weren't chuffed. Piquet thought he was a lap down and was trying to stay out the way until the end. By the way is it ok for me to be impressed by Piquet Jr's driving in the last two races? I don't really like praising him.

Seems they fix the camera angles to show speed as we got some good shots on corners.

I really enjoyed the race. This series continues to offer drama on the circuit (where you want it). The result was great, however I was pulling for Hiedfeld. It would be great to see him wins race.

The gap between these two races is going to suck. Hopefully the series will have a better spread out calendar next season.

The reason for the big gap is that Rio had to pull this years race due to elections and having already held the world cup otherwise we'd have had a race in Feb as well. It will hold a race next year and there might be a few more too.

Championship wise Di Grassi's lead is cut to 10 points and he's now used up his one result to drop too. Whilst Sam Bird will be kicking himself for jumping that red light his comeback drive to 7th means he at least got points on the board and put himself at the head of the train chasing Di Grassi down for the title. I'm hoping Sammy Bird is in the running for the title come the last race in London as I think the atmosphere will be amazing. Got to say I've been more impressed with Di Grassi than I thought I would be and the way he forced Buemi into a mistake was really good racing.

4 formula E races and 4 race winners. 2 of them coming from drivers who F1 couldn't find seats for.

Was thinking that Heidfeld would pull it off this time around and nothing could go wrong for him......than came the penalty with two laps to spare.

Last edited:
Another thought, wasn't it great to see cars in 4 wheel drifts through corners rather than going round them like they are on rails. And people daring to go off line for an overtake, who would have thought this was possible anymore?

It's real back to basics racing. No silly gadgets like DRS. Just good old fashioned move, counter-move, up-and-under, force the guys into a mistake racing.

On the suspension, surely they have been made as light as possible for these cars. Perhaps too light as we have seen a number of failures. This series really has a lot of potential.

Fan Boost is a way of having to use excess power for a short time during which you can't quite get close enough to overtake.

I would have thought that it is more anti-fan boost.

I did love the moment in Uruguay when the commentator said that Senna had deployed his fan boost and at the very next corner stuck the car in the wall. Laugh, I almost wet myself.

I wonder if Kimi will be racing formula E next year (could happen). His charisma and scintillating interview technique will surely win him a few 'fan boosts'.

:snigger:

FB I think Senna spent two much time with Maldonado. He seems to have been driving round a damaged car for most of the life of Formula E. Lucky for him he has two so he can hit the wall twice in every race!

Post race Salvador Duran has been excluded for using too much power, NP jnr has a 5 place grid drop for speeding under yellow flags and Jarno Trulli (did he even take part?) has a 10 place grid drop for changing his gearbox.

Back
Top Bottom