BBC to axe F1 from 2013? Confirmed - F1 will be on Sky from 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you want to blame anyone, blame the BBC.
They're the ones who have sold out the fans and shafted them.
By all accounts they approached Bernie and Sky entirely of their own accord.

If they didn't want to commit to F1 then they shouldn't have bid for it against ITV and left it where it was.

What they've done is saved the License payer very little money and ended up with a half arsed waste of time. Why would anyone who's really interested in F1 stick with the BBC who aren't even showing the first two races live?

For the record, I never rated the BBC's coverage. Humphrey was a kid's TV entertainer before hosting the F1 program, Jordan is an annoying waste of space and Coulthard is employed by Red Bull and therefore too biased to give an honest opinion.
Brundle and Croft were the only good things about it.

I'm not being sucked in by any hype.
I already have Sky HD so I will receive the channel at no extra cost.
The Sky line up is far and away better than what the BBC seem to be left with.

http://www1.skysports.com/formula-1/news/12433/7356971/Sky-reveal-2012-F1-team

http://www.skysports.com/gallery/detail/0,,23871_7362521,00.html

I blame the people who demanded that the licence fee shouldn't rise by about £1 to accommodate everything.

I have the option of watching either RTL with 5 live, or Sky Sports, I will watch the former, as apart from those who they poached of the Beeb, the presenting team is full of people that I don't know, and if past experience is anything to go by, they will have to work hard to be anything other than awful. I hate everything about BskyB and will never give them any of my money.

Regardless of my self-loathing for doing so I will be taking the Sky option for an extra tenner on what I currently pay, my love of motorsport is just too great. I would like their new 1Terrybite HD box but as a current Sky+ subscriber that will cost me £49.00, does anyone have any advice or sneaky tips?

I'm not being sucked in by any hype.

You took my comment waaaay too personally Brogan. I've been monitoring the F1 fan resolve here and elsewhere. Although, in fairness, you have been posting quite a lot on how great and how much you're looking forward to the Sky coverage, almost to the point where I was frivolously going to ask if they were paying you to endorse them, but that's just me... If you have Sky then that's great. You're bound to be chuffed.

Really looking forward to the Sky coverage now that they have a channel dedicated to F1, don't even want to watch F1 on the BBC anymore as all they have got left to do there coverage now are the ones Sky don't want.

Best thing thats happened to me for years.Not being in the UK I am unable to access the BBC except by proxy.
I have no problem watching F1 as I can get it on about four different channels from my cable supplier.
I do get Sky sports HD and now I get the F1 coverage for no extra cost.

I've only ever been really interested in the racing - the 'pre-race build up' and 'after forum' were just adjuncts which I watched if I had nothing better to do.

As I have no intention of buying Sky (and couldn't afford to anyway), then I, like Sid Watkins, will cease to be totally engrossed in F1 and will make do with what the Beeb can produce, supplemented by erudite comment from Clip.

According to Autosport, for the BBC it's Ben Edwards and Coulthard on TV, Allen and Legard taking turns on 5Live for each race.
Legard is actually quite good on radio, as he describes everything quite well and it is more like football commentary. As for Allen;
Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear.
As for Ben Edwards, judging by what I see in BTCC, great appointment.
And I'm glad DC is still in the comm. box.

Think we'll just have to see what it's like, the adverts for the new Sky F1 channel look good, but you would expect them to be.

Have had Sky since it started 20 years ago, must admit and you know it will happen, they will make it better but it will be added with some self congratulating hype they do well for Football.

If your honest, if you have Sky your probably not going to go back to the BBC are you?

I'm going to see how it goes, I usually switch the Sports off after the Superbowl, but will see the first races in March and make a decision.....but then that's what Sky want......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom