Poll Albert Park v Gilles Villeneuve Circuit: Which one is best?

Albert Park v Gilles Villeneuve: Which one is best?

• Total voters
Well, its got to be the Circuit Gilles Villeneuve, hasn't it? Its built in the middle of a river (typical North America). Its got walls, but they're just far enough away to delude the driver into believing he has breathing space. Its got tyre wear, the surface breaks up badly. And it has overtaking.

Sorry to Albert Park, which would win most polls of this nature, but CGV has it this time.

I'd love to attend one of these days. Well, one of these years. Apologies if someone's already mentioned it but has anybody on this thread been? (Maybe Olivier has?)

Incubus: I've been to the circuit but I haven't been able to attend the race, I should have gone before, now I need to wait until my daughter is old enough. The place is fantastic and you are allowed in the circuit if you want, only thing is you need to drive at 30km (or less), which is a little bit ironic. This is a picture that I took when I went there http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/802/img8761o.jpg/. This is a really good year to go, with 6 former and current world champions they certainly would like to avoid been 'welcomed' by the Wall of Champions :)

Thanks Olivier but #i was thinking more in terms of a few years' time. I've never been to a GP outside western Europe but when I do Montreal would certainly be my number one choice. Great party atmosphere there too apparently.

I voted Albert Park, but only because I have special memories of being there and I haven't been to Canada (yet). I do like the Canadian circuit mind and its not too often we get a dull race there..

Definitely Canada for me, it's been quite a long time since the last dull race (2006?) and there's always been overtaking, the best 'street' track on the calendar in my opinion, shame they didn't make circuits like Valencia and Abu Dhabi like it

Its interesting really that a circuit which has nothing but long straights, chicanes and couple of hairpins produces better racing than Albert Park which has everything really

Back
Top Bottom