1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use it, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Grand Prix 2017 Canadian Grand Prix Practice, Qualifying & Race Discussion

Discussion in 'Grand Prix Discussions' started by vintly, May 29, 2017.

1. olegg

olegg Race Winner

It was amusing race

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to remove all adverts.
  3. F1Brits_90

F1Brits_90 Pole Sitter

Featured Threads:
    brilliant win from lewis, yes he was fortunate with all this main contenders getting into trouble like riccardio & Bottas who had to put the unflavoured softs to get the stint lengths or Ferrari brake problems & losing the wings but really he was never challenged. dominant start to finish. not that I can say much about his race as i saw 5 times in whole GP. start, 2nd start, Pit Stop, :thumbsup: to stroll & chequered flag. but overall I thought it was a good race better than 2016, Verstappen didn't get what he deserved stunning start gets 2nd lucky not to get a puncture, probably would've finished 2nd/3rd if it wasn't for his electrics cutting out. & it was brilliant drama between Perez ocon vettel but how all 3 finished is beyond me as I thought 1 was going in the wall going into that 1st corner, when vettel hit ocon, who nearly hit perez who nearly hit vettel

I was 1 of Honda biggest defenders, in 1st 20/24mths, because I though they were making progress & teething problems in 2016 but they were doing ok got few good points scores. Alonso got a few 5th & 7ths, thought their was light at the end of the tunnel. but now its useless Honda have backwards I would say they are worse now than when they came in in Melbourne 2015 & I'm at end of my tether with them quicker honda leave the better. they are beyond embarrassing. these engines are supposed to do 4/5 GPs. & yet there regularly going thru 2 a weekend. Alonso finished 1 race all season that was 2 laps down in spain

4. cider_and_toast

cider_and_toast Everything in moderation Staff Member Premium Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Unlike Hamilton who had his favoured "peppermint" ones on?

LOL

5. RasputinLives

RasputinLives I was never cool at school. Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Dam those unflavoured softs eh F1Brits_90? When they are not minty fresh they're just not good enough ;)

6. RasputinLives

Featured Threads:
    Jinks cider_and_toast

cider_and_toast likes this.
  7. Greenlantern101

Greenlantern101 Super Hero And All Round Good Guy Contributor

Featured Threads:
    For driving like a twat
    Sainz gets three-place grid penalty for Baku

8. RasputinLives

Featured Threads:
    Sainz has two modes. Ace or Twat. There doesn't appear to be an inbetween.

teabagyokel and Hamberg like this.
  9. Johnny Carwash

Johnny Carwash Champion Elect Contributor

That's a lenient penalty for Sainz Jnr in my opinion as not only did he wreck his own race, but he ruined Massa's race as well. Also could have ended Grosjeans race with that wreck less bit of driving.

Lewywo4 likes this.
  10. F1Brits_90

F1Brits_90 Pole Sitter

Featured Threads:
    cider_and_toast RasputinLives never noticed that til you pointed it out. thatll teach me for not proof reading LOL but last years were alot like bubblegum

sainz did deserve the penalty. but i found it weird that it was 2nd move that put himself out. because the 1st chop on grosjean was the worse out of the 2 got away with it. went for 2nd bite of cherry & got what he shouldve few secs earlier

cider_and_toast likes this.
  11. teabagyokel

teabagyokel #bringbackmaldo Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    Johnny Carwash - I think you mean it was reckless, as it most certainly was not wreck less.

Road of Bones and Johnny Carwash like this.

Share This