Grand Prix 2019 Bahrain Grand Prix Practice, Qualifying & Race Discussion

Discussion in 'Formula One Discussion' started by cider_and_toast, Mar 23, 2019.

1. Angel

Angel Pole Sitter Supporter

Featured Threads:
    Greenlantern101 I'm just going to say, check the date my friend ;) It might be true but then again......

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to remove all adverts.
  3. FB

FB Not my cup of cake Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Fantasy F1 Team-mate:
    FF1 Team-mate
    Fantasy F1 Rival:
    FF1 Rival
    What a great picture.

[​IMG]

4. Greenlantern101

Greenlantern101 Super Hero And All Round Good Guy Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Angel
    I know shhh

5. Titch

Titch Things can only get better ..It's a lie. Premium Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    That almost got me going.

Greenlantern101 likes this.
  6. Angel

Featured Threads:
    Sorry Greenlantern101 My bad :embarrassed:

7. Angel

Featured Threads:
    Not if you're a Vettel fan, but yeah, I know what you mean.

8. RasputinLives

RasputinLives CTA Best Avatar Award Winner Contributor

Featured Threads:
    FB night nick that for a profile pic.

9. F1Brits_90

F1Brits_90 Race Winner

Featured Threads:
    what a fantastic race with mothers day events didnt get to it til late last night, easily best race since American GP. i told you these rules would be better once we got to Bahrain. of course glad lewis/brit won but Toto Wolff reaction told you he knew he wasnt delighted as he knew that they were well & truly beaten this week. absolutely gutted for Leclerc but we seen it so many times down the years thinking mika monza 99, spain 2000, lewis brazil 07, massa brazil 08, Le mans 2016? this sport can be so cruel. leclerc can be proud. easily driver of the day & he proven that hes more than a force in F1 this season. as the title odds have proven 12/1 pre race 11/4 post race

Vettel took advantage of the poor start, took the lead but im trying to remember the last time & his teammate overtook him for lead, as cant remember Kimi or Riccardio doing it & i have to think back to the webber days in 4 straight title years. then again a silly mistake he always capable of one. pressure is on him now because when teammate challenges him he often dips

few final bits Gasly another poor race he shouldnt be battling with the toro rossos & still couldn't finish the top 6, but its fine because as we all know helmut marko & Red bull are very well known for their patience. in letting their drivers settle in . Haas pace was a strange one where did there pace go from qualifying. Renaults strange double DNF, something electrical appartantly. Norris was fantastic, exceeding my expectations of the car & driver. 6th place what a drive

10. RasputinLives

Featured Threads:
    Just something to note - for the first time in nearly 2 years Kimi gains positions on lap one of the Grand Prix!

Titch likes this.
  11. sobriety

sobriety Pole Sitter

That Ferrari pic needs photoshopping onto the deck of an aircraft carrier

12. Radical F1

Radical F1 Learner

YepI was a zombie at the office today and was feeling really terrible for those who has engine troubles particularly Leclerc. It was too early in the season to be having troubles like that. But like he said in his interview, that's racing !

Enjoy your day Angel

Angel likes this.
  13. Radical F1

Radical F1 Learner

April fools LOL

14. RasputinLives

Featured Threads:
    Have to say I was very underwhelmed by Mick Schumacher in his F2 debut weekend. The F2 field is not as strong as it was either so was expecting him to be more prominent. I think F1 really wants to write the heartwarming story of the son of Schumie rising to the top of the sport but I'm yet to be convinced of his talent.

Having said that Ferrari's other academy drivers Illot and Alesi don't look any better so if they are looking at ditching Giovanazzi - and want to go through their own pool rather than a Merc cast off - then he is probably the choice next year.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2019
    gethinceri and Ruslan like this.
  15. cider_and_toast

cider_and_toast Exulted Lord High Moderator of the Apex Staff Member Premium Contributor

Featured Threads:
    My heart is still a little bit warm from the Schumie brothers. I think Jnr can wait a little bit longer.

16. RasputinLives

Featured Threads:
    Ralf is suddenly around doing interviews again I notice.

17. gethinceri

gethinceri Daniil Kvyat Fan. Alfa Romeo Fan. Contributor

Featured Threads:
    I fully expect Mick to be nearly as good as him.

Speshal likes this.
  18. Il_leone

Il_leone Champion Elect

Featured Threads:
    Publius Cornelius Scipio RasputinLives We suddenly have great PR about Ferrari rather than the stone cold silence of last year
    Did not Ferrari learn from Toyota " They signed Schumacher but the wrong one!"

Schumacher Jnr's name has suddenly gained interest he really does not need the distraction right now and focus first on delivering in F2 before getting his shot at F1

Illott did mention he raced against Albon, Norris and Russell in junior category so his progress into F1 has slowed compared to the others

------------------------------

I am not saying Ferrari will make a knee jerk reaction to sack Vettel but the momentum is with LeClerc who was suppose to be learning from Vettel this season

19. RasputinLives

Featured Threads:
    I'm afraid Illot didn't get anywhere near the top 10 in F2 this weekend Il_leone and was out classed in GP3 last year in the end. He has a long way to go to be anywhere near an F1 drive.

20. Il_leone

Il_leone Champion Elect

Featured Threads:
    RasputinLives Then he has fallen way behind his rivals from his junior days an agree of all the British drivers - he's probably going to take the longest to get there

21. FB

FB Not my cup of cake Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Fantasy F1 Team-mate:
    FF1 Team-mate
    Fantasy F1 Rival:
    FF1 Rival
    Anyone noticed how much better F1 is with a batch of new, young drivers making an effort?

Andyoak and cider_and_toast like this.

Share This

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use it, you are agreeing to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice