Grand Prix 2019 Austrian Grand Prix Practice, Qualifying & Race Discussion

Discussion in 'Formula One Discussion' started by BradMan, Jun 27, 2019.

1. RasputinLives

RasputinLives Not dead Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Ok. That was kind of interesting. Drawn me back in again. Just putting this out there but Austria is usually a track Bottas bosses so don't count him out.

Was all set after Q1 and Q2 to give Gasly a bit of praise - what happened to him at the end of Q3?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to remove all adverts.
  3. Bill Boddy

Bill Boddy Professional layabout Premium Contributor

What the teams said - Qualifying in Austria | Formula 1®

“It’s a shame and I’m disappointed with myself not to put my lap together when it really mattered."

"I made a mistake into Turn One and by Turn Three I had lost three or four tenths"

RasputinLives likes this.
  4. RasputinLives

RasputinLives Not dead Contributor

Featured Threads:
    So error then. Pressure mounting.

5. Johnny Carwash

Johnny Carwash Champion Elect Contributor

In the 2017 Italian GP only Lewis Hamilton started from his original starting position which was Pole position.

F1Brits_90 likes this.
  6. olegg

olegg Race Winner

It is strange logic but it is "rule"...
    [​IMG]
    Rachel Brookes on Twitter
    So @LandoNorris will actually start fifth not fourth because of the way penalties are applied.
    A gap is left in the grid as each penalty is applied then the grid is closed up after all penalties
    have been applied and as such @LewisHamilton starts 4th and not 5th.

Ruslan likes this.
  7. FB

FB Not my cup of cake Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Fantasy F1 Team-mate:
    FF1 Team-mate
    Fantasy F1 Rival:
    FF1 Rival
    Although we have a different driver on pole and a few cars out of position, compared to normal, I'm really struggling to build up any enthusiasm. Recorded the qualie and watched it later in the evening even though I could have stayed in and watched it live. The whole thing is just a bit dire, I hope this race proves me wrong.

8. Greenlantern101

Greenlantern101 Super Hero And All Round Good Guy Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Join the race chat.

LINK

9. FB

FB Not my cup of cake Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Fantasy F1 Team-mate:
    FF1 Team-mate
    Fantasy F1 Rival:
    FF1 Rival
    Well how wrong was I, what a great race but gutted for Charles Le Clerc not to get his first win.

For a laugh, Dutch TV put on a live stream in a theatre for all the mad Dutch fans. Here's a taste - Giedo van der Garde on Twitter

Last edited: Jun 30, 2019
    F1Brits_90 likes this.
  10. olegg

olegg Race Winner

It was best race of this season

11. Greenlantern101

Greenlantern101 Super Hero And All Round Good Guy Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Agreed olegg It was cracker

Johnny Carwash likes this.
  12. Johnny Carwash

So different from last weeks bore fest.So glad I wasn’t Ferrari that broke Mercedes run of victories. Even when they have the fastest car Ferrari still can’t bring it home for the win.Have to say though that Max Verstappens win today was a class effort by him.Also Lando Norris drove a really mature race also today.It would be great in a few years to have Verstappen, Le Clerc and Norris battling it out at the front.

13. Johnny Carwash

There hasn’t been much competition for that this season so far.

14. Johnny Carwash

D748AAF3-6029-48D6-94CC-D041C91DAE8D.jpeg Here we go again...

15. Ruslan

Ruslan Points Scorer

Of course it was going to happen again. What is the surprise? I am guessing that the stewards really have no choice but to give Max a 5 second penalty.

Anyhow, great drive from Max. Should have kept the nose tucked coming out of turn 3.

16. Bill Boddy

There was no need for Verstappen to do that. Once again he does something which shows that he does not think of the consequences, those kerbs were not for crossing as Hamilton found out.

17. BradMan

BradMan Rookie

Featured Threads:
    I'm starting to become a Verstappen fan....FAST!

vintly likes this.
  18. Izumi

Izumi Points Scorer

For Verstappen entering right hander with excessive speed with a car under control, he had to end up with him gravitating towards outer edge, regardless how much space he had on his right, and it was inevitable that at some point he will cross path with Leclerc. Whether he should bear some or all responsibility for it is the question stewards should be looking at.

I think he should be responsible for his driving. That diving off his into turns without worrying about others is really questionable. He has done it to Vettel a few times already. Here he banged his wheels against Ferrari (I think 2x), which is another issue.

All those who defend Verstappen, try to substitute names like Hamilton in a red car, and Vettel (in RBR), and ask honestly yourself, whether you would be just as benevolent to Vettel, as you are to Verstappen. This might be a true test of your objectivity.

What's with Ferrari and Vettel? Bad strategy, bad tire, bad or rather botched pit stop, WTH?

gethinceri likes this.
  19. Hamberg

Hamberg FOTA VIP, I've got the avatar to prove it :) Contributor

86D2E2B2-5092-4192-91CB-CC6DE5925247.jpeg Result stands - no further action.

20. Bill Boddy

Quite cirrect decision. With over 50,000 Dutch fans ready for them the stewards did the inly thibg that they could. Having mixed with the Dutch at Spa and the Nurburgring We always got on well with them but after seeing what they are capable of cowardice is understandable.:o

21. Johnny Carwash

A2D9895E-642E-419A-8DD3-282A00FFB127.png All Ferrari fans at the moment....

Share This

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use it, you are agreeing to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice