Grand Prix 2019 Austrian Grand Prix Practice, Qualifying & Race Discussion

Something different... Hope u enjoy
Lets hope for a great race guys!

Attachments

• The_Deer_Hunters_Rev.jpg
    The_Deer_Hunters_Rev.jpg
    201.3 KB · Views: 279
Last edited:
Hamilton/Raikkonen to be investigated after the end of qualifying. It looked to me that Hamilton did get in the way so has to get a penalty, if he doesn't then the FIA will get grief from every Ferrari fan, and others as well.

Just when F1 couldn’t get any more boring, it got interesting again. Very good performance from Leclerc. He looked like the real deal.

what a lap from leclerc quarter of a second clear. brilliant. F1 needed that. very interesting top 3 2 future stars either side of the best of old guard

for 1st time since return to A1/red bull ring. Mercedes engine car won't be on pole. 2002 still the last time a engine thats not ferrari or Mercedes made the front row. i wont give the answer in case you want you guess

Ralf Schumacher in Williams BMW

Last edited:
A few other comments on the grid:

1. Leclerc: That really was a stellar performance. He clearly dominated Vettel during all the practices and rounds of qualifying. He was in a league of his own.
2. Hamilton/Bottas: In the end, when push comes to shove, Hamilton is faster than Bottas. If they give Hamilton a three-place grid penalty, that will liven up the race.
3. Verstappen: He is actually having a very good year. Shame the car is not up to snuff.
4. Bottas: There is a reason he is on a one-year contract.
5. Magnussen: This guy is determined. I don't consider him to be the talent of Perez (who he replaced at McLaren) or Grosjean....but somehow he gets the results.
6. Norris: Hard not to like this guy.
7/8: Raikkonen/Giovanazzi: Great result for Alfa/Sauber. Giovanizzi needed this.
9: Gasly: Is this his last race for Red Bull?
10. Vettel: Has kind of seemed like an empty vessel since the penalty in Canada. Leclerc was faster than him in the practices and then faster by 0.3 in both Q1 and Q2. He is looking more and more like the Vettel of 2014.

I am actually looking forward to the race tomorrow. We shall see if I am (again) disappointed.

Leclerc has apparently said this track is one of his favourites, it shows too. Why did Vettel's car have to be an issue when the Ferrari's had a good chance of beating Mercedes? This is one of the few tracks where Mercedes don't have the dominance.

I believe there is still a chance Hamilton could get a penalty? Something about blocking Raikkonen? I haven't seen quali, just read about it. Just imagine, Verstappen and Leclerc going for it into the first corner. Now that should be worth watching, if it happens.

Leclerc has apparently said this track is one of his favourites, it shows too. Why did Vettel's car have to be an issue when the Ferrari's had a good chance of beating Mercedes? This is one of the few tracks where Mercedes don't have the dominance.

I believe there is still a chance Hamilton could get a penalty? Something about blocking Raikkonen? I haven't seen quali, just read about it. Just imagine, Verstappen and Leclerc going for it into the first corner. Now that should be worth watching, if it happens.

I watched qualifying. It was a hose or line going somewhere (they stated...I forgot) that fell off. Just one of those things. But Leclerc had such an edge over Vettel that I don't think it would have made a difference. Vettel may have ended up third on the grid.

Hamilton's situation was odd. He was off line on the inside, and then drove across the track to go to the run off area outside the track, cutting in front of Raikkonen at the time. He may have actually been trying to get out of the way, but ended up just putting himself in the way. It makes no sense. I suspect he will get the penalty. A starting grid of Leclerc, Verstappen, Bottas and Norris would be pretty cool.

Magnussen is taking a five place grid spot of changing something. I am not sure if Hamilton getting a three place penalty would put him in front or behind Norris (who qualified 6th, but moves up to 5th because of Magnussen's penalty).

Thanks Ruslan

Hamilton is one of many with a penalty tomorrow then as he's been handed a 3 place drop for blocking Kimi. We could be on for a really good race tomorrow now hopefully :yes:

Yes, the grid is:

Leclerc.......Verstappen
Bottas.........Norris
Hamilton.....Raikkonen
Giovinazzi...Gasly
Vettel..........Magnussen
Grosjean....Ricciardo
Perez.........Stroll
Kvyat.........Hulkenberg
Kubica.......Russell
Albon.........Sainz

Should be an interesting first few laps.

"Although car 44 tried to take evasive action when he became aware of
car 7 approaching on a fast lap, it was not sufficient to avoid impeding car 7,
which had to then abort the lap."
And after that someone are thinking that Vettel's penalty
in Canada was incorrect

Was wondering about that because 5th was Magnussen until he was also penalized.

So.....

Leclerc..........Verstappen
Bottas............Hamilton
Norris............Raikkonen
Giovinazzi......Gasly
Vettel.............Magnussen
Grosjean.......Ricciardo
Perez............Stroll
Hulkenberg...Kvyat
Kubica..........Russell
Sainz............Albon

This might generate even more drama.