Poll 2018 German Grand Prix Out of Ten

Discussion in 'Formula One Discussion' started by Greenlantern101, Jul 22, 2018.

?
  1. 1

0.0%
  2. 2

0.0%
  3. 3

0.0%
  4. 4

0.0%
  5. 5

11.1%
  6. 6

7.4%
  7. 7

14.8%
  8. 8

29.6%
  9. 9

25.9%
  10. 10

11.1%
  1. Greenlantern101

Greenlantern101 Super Hero And All Round Good Guy Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Great race. What a come back from Lewis. Seb pounding the steering wheel was hilarious.
    8/10 + 1 for a Lewis win #loveconquersall #blessed

9/10

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to remove all adverts.
  3. Titch

Titch Smile Premium Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Really quick Greenlantern101 thanks.

I gave it. 8

Because of the team orders.

Greenlantern101 likes this.
  4. Hamberg

Hamberg FOTA VIP, I've got the avatar to prove it :) Contributor

^^ that 9/10

5. ATL11

ATL11 Podium Finisher

Enjoyed that.

6. FB

FB Not my cup of cake Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Fantasy F1 Team-mate:
    FF1 Team-mate
    Fantasy F1 Rival:
    FF1 Rival
    Thought long and hard, not really sure what I want from F1 these days but can only give it a 7. I think it's because of the fact that Ferrari made Kimi move over for Seb and then Mercedes stopped any possibility of a fighting end to the race. Get rid of the championships and let each race be race not something organised in the pits by the teams.

7. Lewywo4

Lewywo4 Race Winner

Starting from 14th place to a race win. Can only mean a....10.

Also driver of the day.

8. cousinDave

cousinDave Points Scorer

Seb muttering "F**ks sake, F**ks sake" as well as the steering wheel pounding made me laugh.

Still only gave it 7/10. Silverstone was better for me (8/10)

ATL11 likes this.
  9. gethinceri

gethinceri Daniil Kvyat Fan. Contributor

Featured Threads:

10. olegg

olegg Race Winner

It was very interesting

11. vintly

vintly Mostly bacon Premium Contributor

Featured Threads:
    6. I was watching on holiday and couldn't figure out the TV, so was watching on my laptop. It got better when my cousin turned on the projector :) IMG_4332.jpg

Greenlantern101 and gethinceri like this.
  12. Johnny Carwash

Johnny Carwash Champion Elect Contributor

10. Unlikely winner,plenty of overtakes,changeable weather,championship leader in the barrier.

13. FB

FB Not my cup of cake Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Fantasy F1 Team-mate:
    FF1 Team-mate
    Fantasy F1 Rival:
    FF1 Rival
    I've changed my vote to a 5 after that appaling stewards decision. That was the second incident involving Hamilton in the weekend which could have had serious consequences and neither resulted in punishment.

14. F1Brits_90

F1Brits_90 Race Winner

Featured Threads:
    8 - really enjoyed the intrigue of the dry, the few wet laps were very fun. But yes shame about the team orders

15. Galahad

Galahad Not a Moderator Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    9. When F1 is like this, you wish all races were staged at Sepang in the monsoon season. Watching the drivers tiptoeing down into the hairpin and not being able to go slowly enough is a delight.

F1Brits_90 likes this.
  16. cider_and_toast

cider_and_toast Everything in moderation Staff Member Premium Contributor

Featured Threads:
    8 - a very entertaining afternoon.

However:

Let's calm ourselves down a little over Hamilton's win from 14th.

He's got a car that's clearly top 4. The race leader crashes out causing a safety car that bunched the field. The team stuffed his teammates pit stop up and then tells same teammate not to attack. Finally he escaped a penalty for something which has cost others time in past.

A strong drive yes but not that awesome when all is said and done.

Bill Boddy and Andyoak like this.
  17. Ruslan

Ruslan Rookie

An 8. This one was entertaining, and you didn't actually know who was going to end up where until the end. Still, Hamilton was gifted his first place due to team orders. This spoiled what otherwise could have been an exciting duel at the end, not I really blame Mercedes for doing this.

I sort of lost track what was happening with the Renaults, Haas and Force India. I don't think the commentators did a good job is keeping track of that fight (and I still miss David Hobbs and Steve Matchett, who really did do a better job).

18. sobriety

sobriety Pole Sitter

9 - unexpected adn entertaining. Although on reflection losing a mark for team orders would've been better, so an 8 in retrospect.

19. Il_leone

Il_leone Champion Elect

Featured Threads:
    9 - for me Vettel crashing to a stunned silence in front of his fans who were cheering and going mad yesterday is priceless. The loudest cheers came from Verstappen fans !

20. olegg

olegg Race Winner

And the wheel-to-wheel fight on the race's restart over several turns-is that a Mercedes command order too?
    And do you remember something close to similar struggle in a Ferrari for last some years?
    Strange after that to hear charges towards Mercedes and it after that number of duels
    which occurred in this team in spite of the fact, they any more the first year fight for the championship.
    And given how many points have already been lost this year, despite a tight fight with Ferrari...

21. Angel

Angel Points Scorer Supporter

Featured Threads:
    I gave it a 5, it wasn't a bad race as such, though Vettel crashing sucked as far as I was concerned. The spin Leclerc had and the way he carried on was impressive, shame they ruined his race with that gamble on the inters.

What really annoyed me was the stewards letting Hamilton off with a reprimand after Kimi got a penalty in Baku the other year for the same thing! I just don't understand how they can be so inconsistent on these things!

Last edited: Jul 23, 2018

Share This

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use it, you are agreeing to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice