Poll 2018 Australian Grand Prix Out Of Ten

Discussion in 'Formula One Discussion' started by Rutherford, Mar 25, 2018.

?

2018 Australian Grand Prix Out Of Ten

Poll closed Apr 8, 2018.
  1. 1

16.7%
  2. 2

16.7%
  3. 3

16.7%
  4. 4

16.7%
  5. 5

20.8%
  6. 6

12.5%
  7. 7

0.0%
  8. 8

0.0%
  9. 9

0.0%
  10. 10

0.0%
  1. Rutherford

Rutherford Podium Finisher

2018 Australian Grand Prix Out Of Ten

I've very generously given it a 2. Some may say there was at battle a the front. No, not really anyone with any experience knew that it would be impossible for Hamilton to overtake Vettel.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2018
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to remove all adverts.
  3. olegg

olegg Race Winner

Before the race other result and other winner seemed more likely.
    But real fights was not enough

4. cider_and_toast

cider_and_toast Everything in moderation Staff Member Premium Contributor

Featured Threads:
    I've gone for a 2.

It wasn't the poorest race in the history of F1 and I suspect it won't even be the poorest race this season so issuing a 1 now would seem harsh.

Barely any redeeming features from the race.

The worrying thing is, Croft and Brundle genuinely seemed to think that was a good race. They've started to believe their own nonsense.

gethinceri likes this.
  5. F1Brits_90

F1Brits_90 Race Winner

Featured Threads:
    I gave it a 4 might be because 1st race. But if that the standard as i said on race thread, im Worried for 2018 theses races arent the circuit problem its the car because like Monaco drivers could get close but then struggled once they tried to overtake & what hope does anyone have when Bottas in fastest car found it really difficult to overtake force india which is the 7th fastest.

we need to get a short term fix sorted for realistically 2019 but hopefully asap, because we cant wait 2021 & have near 3 yrs of cars struggling to overtake in the dirty air

6. Titch

Titch Smile Premium Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    6 from me. Just because it was the first race. It will probably be the last time I give so generously.

7. FB

FB Not my cup of cake Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Fantasy F1 Team-mate:
    FF1 Team-mate
    Fantasy F1 Rival:
    FF1 Rival
    A super generous 4. I suspect we will see worse races this year, yes Monaco I'm looking at you.

Mezzer and cider_and_toast like this.
  8. vintly

vintly Mostly bacon Premium Contributor

Featured Threads:
    4, no less no more. Not much action but I didn’t fall asleep, which was worth a point in itself.

cider_and_toast likes this.
  9. teabagyokel

teabagyokel #dejavu Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    Abstaining, on the basis that I didn't bother to watch it.

siffert_fan and cider_and_toast like this.
  10. sobriety

sobriety Pole Sitter

2. It was deadly dull, and that was the 'highlights' show. At least qually had Bottas sticking it in the wall...

11. cousinDave

cousinDave Points Scorer

There were highlights? As in more than one? I must have dozed off.

A generous 2

Last edited: Mar 25, 2018
  12. RasputinLives

RasputinLives Happy to be me again Contributor

Featured Threads:
    3 and 1.5 of that was earned by KMags jumping Verstappen off the line and making him stroppy. It's almost like he and the team had never even considered the possibility someone might get past him.

F1Brits_90 and cider_and_toast like this.
  13. olegg

olegg Race Winner

Compare Australian GP votings:
    ClipTheApexCOM: rate - 3,65; voters - 17
    RaceFansNET: rate - 6,12; voters - 543

The biggest difference in views on the results of the race over the past two seasons

14. cider_and_toast

Featured Threads:
    I wonder what they saw that we didn't? Unless there are a lot of Ferrari fans on there?

15. F1Brits_90

F1Brits_90 Race Winner

Featured Threads:
    Well we have joked before that we are more critical. But i respect everyone opinion, everyone sees races different. if people on that site are giving that 7 or above i dont where you go, when we actually have an exciting race

16. vintly

vintly Mostly bacon Premium Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Possibly a lot of Ferrari fans, and Lewis haters perhaps, and maybe some of us are let's say somewhat jaded by the predictability of it all. If you simply love seeing F1 cars on track then the first race of the season is gonna be a buzz whatever happens.

17. RasputinLives

RasputinLives Happy to be me again Contributor

Featured Threads:
    We are a jaded lot. I only come here to talk to you all. Maybe we all need to get into another sport so we can talk about that. Ultimate Frisbee anyone?

18. cider_and_toast

Featured Threads:
    I keep coming back to FB's F1 Zombies post from a while back.

Apart from cancelling my Autosport subscription and swearing I wouldn't watch any more of this shite, I'm still here.

Last year I watched fewer GP's than at any point since I started watching in the mid 80's.

19. FB

FB Not my cup of cake Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Fantasy F1 Team-mate:
    FF1 Team-mate
    Fantasy F1 Rival:
    FF1 Rival
    Extreme ironing, now there's a sport going places.

20. cider_and_toast

Featured Threads:
    Did that on patrol in the Gulf in 2006.

F1Brits_90 likes this.
  21. F1Brits_90

F1Brits_90 Race Winner

Featured Threads:
    cider_and_toast for me I will still watch f1, because Its something ive always done & cant see myself stopping out of some weird loyalty, same with utd even in dark days of weir & adkins I was still there every week. even if I'm getting the problem where I cant defend the sport because what is there to positive about when I know 2 sec lead might as well be 20 as they can challenge about as well

but I guess its my positivity that eventually F1 will finally see answer that's under their noses. we been talking about for months as worrying according to timehop we were discussing after last years Australian gp. for me if they can develop a halo for next season surely we can get ground effect or get rules to clean up these cars. or something else that moves aero dependence moves from the wings & I know how great F1 can be

https://www.crash.net/f1/news/892457/1/f1-s-overtaking-problem-be-solved-2021-brawn

although I do keep trying to be positive not sure how I feel about this, Ross Brawn understands the problem, Liberty & FIA have been analysing to sort out the problem. but appartantly we are stuck with this type of racing until nov 2020. I'm not sure how ill get to nov 2018

edit - that post wasn't be so long, but it seem be on a roll/rant :(

Last edited: Mar 27, 2018

Share This

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use it, you are agreeing to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice