Pre-Season 2017 Testing, Car Launches & Chat

Everybody keeps talking about fins. You'd be forgiven for thinking engines suddenly don't matter anymore.

Well they do, and to me the most disheartening news for Mercedes's rivals is this talk of "unprecedented" gains on the unit front emanating from them.

If those claims are anywhere near true, Red Bull and Ferrari are in for a bit of shock...

NOSE HOLE ALERT

screenshot.128.jpg

I think the Toro Rosso has a beautiful livery even though it primary promotes Red bull Cola

It seems every team has gone for the the shark fin approach except Mercedes, Renault and Mclaren which could be telling

Fingers crossed for Merc to screw things up over the winter to give us a more balanced 2017 :)

My only hope for 2017 is that everybody is playing by the same interpretation of the rules in terms of design, chassis, suspension, engine, gearbox, etc, etc ..... and, therefore, NOBODY has a hidden advantage that is 'just about' legal-ish. :cheer:

Aside from that, my life-long love of all things Italian will continue even if viewing of F1 proves short-lived for yet another year.
:)

Last edited:
Bottas on soft tyres: Outlap - 1: 23.4 - 1: 23.1 - 1: 23.5 - 1: 24.0 - 1: 23.8 - 1: 24.8 - 1: 24.3 - 1: 24.2 - 1: 24.5 - 1: 24.1 - 1: 24.3 - 1: 24.3 - 1: 24.5 - 1: 24.4 - 1: 24.3 - 1: 24.5 - Inlap.

I appreciate it is very early days but 5 or 6 seconds faster these cars are not! 5 or 6 tenths if we are lucky.

I appreciate it is very early days but 5 or 6 seconds faster these cars are not! 5 or 6 tenths if we are lucky.

Pole last year was 1.22

I think we can surmise there is much more speed to come. Clearly everyone going easy on the first morning.

Back
Top Bottom