Pre-Season 2017 Testing, Car Launches & Chat

Haas breaks cover. Looks like it's made of Lego.

16998238_1341513185905638_3452370847876812472_n.jpg

It's not so much the grey.
It's the grey with shiny black and red.
Very 1980's.

And any aero looks like it came from then too.

If it looks shit...

I saw that Haas & i really liked it. 1 of few 2017 eye that by eye bar the lower rear wing look visually different to 2016

Im really looking forward to red bull launch today because I know its strange as Red Bull only won 5 GPs in 3 yrs & not on merit since 2014. As since 2011 in my opinion they have been the benchmark for an f1 car. As if your car shares some similar design traits to Neweys Red Bull then your on for a good season

In any case I find it quite pleasing to see this year's cars don't look too identical. For such a long time in the modern era liveries have been just about the only distinguishable features between each years' cars it feels kinda nice to see noticeable differences in the appearance of this year's cars. The McLaren's fluid contours for example couldn't be more different to the Ferrari's somewhat patchy-looking shape.

I'm really wondering about the lack of a fin on the Mercedes now. Everyone else has one.
Does that mean they have cocked up or their aero is working in a different 'better' way than all the other teams.
If it had been Sauber, I'd think they had missed a trick but this is Mercedes.

Cue the Mercs being 10 seconds a lap faster than everyone else tomorrow.

Hamilton calling the Merc a beast is not a good sign plus that lap at Silverstone looked handy.

If the Merc does prove to be right are the others allowed to change their design? Or vice versa.

Back
Top Bottom