Pre-Season 2017 Testing, Car Launches & Chat

I think Renault apart from MClaren will be a team to watch and surely they will not finish 9th this season
Their target is to beat Force India and Williams first

Given that the engine has a turbo rendering the original function of the air box unnecessary I still wonder why a team hasn't tried a mid 80's style roll hoop with a low back to the car. They could place the air intakes for the cooling of the ERS system and whatever else they use the air box for now, either side of the drivers head as in the Lotus 78.
If I remember correctly, my very first post on here was asking why no-one went for a Benetton style air box any more, with the intake on either side of the cockpit like the B187/188/189. I do recall that part of the reason Benetton dropped that idea was that the triangular pointy roll hoop was banned. Exactly why, I can't recall, but it was said that having the airbox either side was more efficient than behind the roll hoop. The loss of advertising space would probably be an issue as well, unless you're Sauber.

Looks like the teams have opted to save some money by re-launching their old cars from the noughties. Only Sauber so far appear to have misread the memo, relaunching last year's car by mistake.

my very first post on here was asking why no-one went for a Benetton style air box any more, with the intake on either side of the cockpit like the B187/188/189.
Proper car. :thumbsup:
Screen Shot 2017-02-22 at 13.30.13.png

Im not sure im liking these shark fins thay have sprouted espically force india's massive one as it makes the back end look horrible. Although the 2014 ferrari like vacuum nose is interesting & as will buxton has said on twitter One thing is certain, we are 3 for 3 on different approaches to the regulations with the 3 cars launched thus far. Fascinating launch season

although i loved VJ Mallya interview "ocon is young & Hungry. We already have experience of him thats why we signed him" So nothing to with the free merc engines then LOL

IMG_20170222_141339.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom