1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use it, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Grand Prix 2017 Hungarian Grand Prix Practice, Qualifying & Race Discussion

Discussion in 'Grand Prix Discussions' started by RasputinLives, Jul 17, 2017.

1. olegg

olegg Race Winner

[​IMG]

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to remove all adverts.
  3. F1Brits_90

F1Brits_90 Pole Sitter

Featured Threads:
    woah that's gone quickly Maxs 1st 50 gps FB . & very eventful at that. trying to think of others that have had as eventful 50gps in a good way like max had, as im thinking Schumacher maybe senna.

i read about palmer have abit of moan at kerbs after it damaged his new floor & ripped the front wing off but like i said about magnussen in Austria when he many were complaining. stay off the kerb shouldnt be going all 4 wheels over white line & at times all 4 wheels over the kerb

looks like it will musical chairs at sky sports if Di Resta is becoming super sub after ted kravitz brilliant spot at Williams with 10mins of FP3 Remaining. cant blame massa, its why football managers never ask players. if theyre fit to play before a derby or cup final as they could be violently ill or barely walk & they will always say yes

4. teabagyokel

teabagyokel #bringbackmaldo Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    So Sky onto 3rd choice commentator now :snigger:

5. FB

FB Not my cup of cake Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Fantasy F1 Team-mate:
    FF1 Team-mate
    Fantasy F1 Rival:
    FF1 Rival
    I'm waiting for my phone to ring if it carries on at this rate.

RasputinLives and Hamberg like this.
  6. cousinDave

cousinDave Rookie

Bad news about Massa... but the good news is that we don't have to listen to Di Resta's commentary!

RasputinLives and Hamberg like this.
  7. Olivier

Olivier Race Winner

Featured Threads:
    [correction]

First Ferrari 1-2 in qualifying since Sochi. OK. let's see if they are ready to win a race

Last edited: Jul 29, 2017
  8. gethinceri

gethinceri "suck my balls honey" Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Don't worry, I've given them Pastor's number.

FB, RasputinLives and F1Brits_90 like this.
  9. olegg

olegg Race Winner

Ideal Lap (sum best sectors) in the Qual:
    Qual – No – Driver – Qual Result – Ideal Lap – Flaw
    1 - 5 - S.Vettel - 01:16,276 - 01:16,104 - 00,172
    2 - 7 - K.Raikkonen - 01:16,444 - 01:16,342 - 00,102
    3 - 77 - V.Bottas - 01:16,530 - 01:16,417 - 00,113
    4 - 44 - L.Hamilton - 01:16,707 - 01:16,511 - 00,196
    5 - 33 - M.Verstappen - 01:16,797 - 01:16,653 - 00,144
    6 - 3 - D.Ricciardo - 01:16,818 - 01:16,765 - 00,053
    7 - 27 - N.Hulkenberg - 01:17,468 - 01:17,393 - 00,075
    8 - 14 - F.Alonso - 01:17,549 - 01:17,396 - 00,153
    9 - 2 - S.Vandoorne - 01:17,894 - 01:17,827 - 00,067
    10 - 55 - C.Sainz - 01:18,912 - 01:18,311 - 00,601

10. cider_and_toast

cider_and_toast Everything in moderation Staff Member Premium Contributor

Featured Threads:
    I know most people think Paul Di Resta is as popular as a punch in the happy sacks but we've got to give the guy some credit.

He hasn't driven an F1 car for over 3 years and never driven a 2017 version. At almost no notice he jumps in and doesn't look out of place on the grid. Fair play to the bloke.

Kewee, Road of Bones, Hamberg and 5 others like this.
  11. Il_leone

Il_leone Race Winner

Featured Threads:
    cider_and_toast It was just a pity that it was Hungaroring that he gets his super sub chance

I just wonder what would have happened say he outqualified Lance Stroll which might have raised a few eyebrows

12. Rutherford

Rutherford Points Scorer

Maybe he can out race him, it would raise eyebrows and questions...

13. Rutherford

Rutherford Points Scorer

As much as I like making fun of him and his comments at times; he performed very well and I hope he finishes tomorrows race.

14. F1Brits_90

F1Brits_90 Pole Sitter

Featured Threads:
    fair play to Vettel & Ferrari they were absoultely hooked up today. you always just have handing to them as they were too good. unbelieveable time i fancy some to get a jump on 1 of the ferrari into more likely into t2. but should be expected as this was always 1 of Mercedes worst circuits & i was highly impressed with Di Resta. in 1 18 min session he had to fit in the work of 2 preseason tests & a whole weekend of Practise. get used to the car, get seating position comfortable & be competive. so to be only 7 tenths off with massa setup is very impressive

also i think earlier during qualifying how quick the 2017 cars. because everyone usually admits 2004 cars were the peak of f1 performance in recent years because after that, huge downforce V10 engines, new engine every weekend & a tyre war. yet a car always on list of the greatest F1 cars ever built the ferrari F2004. wouldve qualified 18th today beaten by both magunessen & stroll

15. Il_leone

Il_leone Race Winner

Featured Threads:
    You know Di Resta might suddenly throw himself an F1 lifeline and remind Williams I deserve to be promoted to race seat if he does a stellar job tomorrow

Surprised the Ferrari's were the quickest but it should be interesting to see tomorrow .. the start is crucial and the Red Bulls get a flyer especially Verstappen then they could make things interesting

It appears Mercedes are going to struggle given the nature of the track so this could be damage limitation for both drivers who are not expecting team orders to interfere withthhh

16. RasputinLives

RasputinLives I was never cool at school. Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Pffftt to Di Resta. But yes he did a good job (I will say though that if Stroll had not been blocked by Kvyat on his flying lap the gap would have been bigger).

So F1's new slogan appears to be "There can be only 1". Are we suddenly in Highlander now? Is the Scottish accent why Di Resta is back. What's all that about?

teabagyokel and gethinceri like this.
  17. Il_leone

Il_leone Race Winner

Featured Threads:
    I sometimes feel last minute super subs should be allowed at least 15 minutes practice rather than jump straight in

gethinceri likes this.
  18. olegg

olegg Race Winner

Lewis acted not only correct but also beautiful
    He could of course to try to pass the Ferrari before the finish line,
    but the fact what he did means great more

Last edited: Jul 30, 2017
    Chasz likes this.
  19. FB

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Fantasy F1 Team-mate:
    FF1 Team-mate
    Fantasy F1 Rival:
    FF1 Rival
  20. FB

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Fantasy F1 Team-mate:
    FF1 Team-mate
    Fantasy F1 Rival:
    FF1 Rival
    And the war of words between Ocon and Perez continues - Ocon says Perez “ripped off my floor” in first-corner collision

21. Olivier

Olivier Race Winner

Featured Threads:
    Good job by the Ferrari boys. Fair play by Hamilton and somehow Alonso avances to 6. i bet Riccardo's smile was wiped off his face today.

Share This