1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use it, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Grand Prix 2017 Hungarian Grand Prix Practice, Qualifying & Race Discussion

Discussion in 'Grand Prix Discussions' started by RasputinLives, Jul 17, 2017.

1. The Artist.....

The Artist..... Champion Elect

Featured Threads:
    ... And Alonso set fastest lap of the race!

Olivier likes this.
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to remove all adverts.
  3. F1Brits_90

F1Brits_90 Pole Sitter

Featured Threads:
    Uneventful 1st half but 2nd half was very interesting Hungarian GP with how it panned out. Probably 2nd slowest driver in top 5 won the race which was bit strange, tough ferrari as i know why they have done it. they were thinking about the championship. but i really feel for Kimi because as i said i know the reason but as both Monaco & Hungary proved. Ferrari would rather lose than let kimi win

Max Verstappen was completely at fault fell into the trap of being goaded into braking later on the 1st lap trying to be a 1st lap hero. but as brundle always says you cant win it on 1st but you can lose it, actually come to think of it he's had a poor season probably Verstappen have poorest of big 3 teams season compared to pre season expectations but then that has been either the car has let Verstappen down or he has let himself down through silly mistakes like today. Without making excuses for the guy we've discussed this on many of an occasion & his fantastic drives over the last 3 years have gave us unrealistic expectations as we should expect these mistakes / inconsistencies . as we have to remember prior to debut for toro rosso he had only been in single seater for 12mths & had 11 race distances spilt into 3 short races of euro F3 with cars that 17secs slower a lap than F1

kimi quote of "if cant see a blue light then he should stay in commentary box" was very funny although going be awkward at the next grand prix. if di resta has to interview kimi LOL

Last edited: Jul 30, 2017
  4. Il_leone

Il_leone Race Winner

Featured Threads:
    Kimi Raikkonen has no complaints with Ferrari approach after Hungarian GP

Interestingly Kimi decides to play the team line right before contract announcements a race he probably could have won if it were not for the circuit

F1Brits_90 and The Pits like this.
  5. LifeW12

LifeW12 Podium Finisher

Featured Threads:
    this race might have seen a record of non-DRS passes for 2017

6. Incubus

Incubus Champion Elect

Featured Threads:
    Mildly amusing differing opinions between M Brundle and JB on twitter on the subject of Alonso's deckchair antics...

1. Martin Brundle‏Verified account @MBrundleF1 12h12 hours ago

Martin Brundle Retweeted Jenson Button

My point JB is that Fernando is not a comedy act under a podium full of Ferrari/Merc drivers,he deserves to be up there fighting for champs

Martin Brundle added,

Jenson ButtonVerified account @JensonButton
      Replying to @MBrundleF1
      Totally agree Martin, how dare an F1 driver have a personality and bring fun to a sport that sometimes takes itself way too seriously [​IMG]
      280 replies . 187 retweets 1,366 likes

2. [​IMG] Martin Brundle‏Verified account @MBrundleF1 17h17 hours ago

Alonso prob better than 3 guys on podium. Sad he's joking in a deck chair, waste of talent and reminds team bosses why they don't want him

7. rufus_mcdufus

rufus_mcdufus Race Winner

I agree with both of them. They seem to be arguing different things though.

8. The Pits

The Pits Harumph. Again. Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    I've worked it out!!

When Max and Danny were talking before the race, Danny said that he was looking forward to dong a Shoey. Max had been watching replays of previous Hungarian GP's, and got the wrong idea.

9. RasputinLives

RasputinLives I was never cool at school. Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Things I learnt from the Grand Prix.

1 - A Verstappen Torpedo is completely accidental, excusable and understandable to media and team alike - in complete contrast to a the Kvyat brand of Torpedo

2 - Ferrari not letting Kimi past Seb when he has car issues is an out cry and proves he is number 2 driver. However if Kimi had been in front of Seb and had car issues and Ferrari had let Seb through there would have been an outcry and it would have proven Kimi was a number 2 driver.

3 - Lewis Hamilton had a good sense of honour.

4 - if you mess with his team mate (Hulkenberg on Grosjean at the start) then KMag will come for you (he even said it on radio at the start).

5 - The Force India drivers are incapable of not being on the same piece of race track.

6 - Sky F1 aren't going to let the actual facts get in the way of a 'brilliant Di Resta comeback' story.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2017
    Chasz, FB and Hamberg like this.
  10. Il_leone

Il_leone Race Winner

Featured Threads:
    I wonder what response Vettel will say to Verstappen next after MAx said he does not take notice of people who bash into other cars :oops:

11. Il_leone

Il_leone Race Winner

Featured Threads:
    Incubus Maybe someone should have retweeted that comment to the 3 drivers on the podium and the Ferrari and Mercedes teams

12. Il_leone

Il_leone Race Winner

Featured Threads:
    RasputinLives Since when did Red Bull take an interest in Subway?

13. FB

FB Not my cup of cake Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Fantasy F1 Team-mate:
    FF1 Team-mate
    Fantasy F1 Rival:
    FF1 Rival
  14. teabagyokel

teabagyokel #bringbackmaldo Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    It was evidence of what can be achieved with a fully compliant second driver.

Chasz, gethinceri, Il_leone and 2 others like this.
  15. FB

FB Not my cup of cake Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Fantasy F1 Team-mate:
    FF1 Team-mate
    Fantasy F1 Rival:
    FF1 Rival
    Kimi has about 10 million reasons to do as he's told.

16. The Pits

Featured Threads:
    Although there is scant evifence to suggest the results would have been impacted by non complicity. Hamilton was unable to pass Kimi despite the kimis pace neing dictated. Almost like Monaco 2011.

gethinceri likes this.
  17. Incubus

Incubus Champion Elect

Featured Threads:
    I think the main lesson from this race from a general point of view is that on this type of circuit at least drivers are finding it more impossible than ever to follow each other. Throughout the race we saw drivers unabkle to even get within less than 1.5 sec of the car in front even wwhen they were potentially whole seconds per lap quicker..

Chasz and Galahad like this.
  18. Il_leone

Il_leone Race Winner

Featured Threads:
    If this had been Silverstone , Kimi would have blasted past Vettel on the Hangar straight

Kimi's best 3 races have Monaco, Silverstone and Budapest this season

Two of those seems to be when the Ferrari is the fastest car where he is closer to Vettel. Silverstone he has always gone well on and the next race Spa is another track where he has great record as well so be interesting to see if he is close to Vettel whether he will be compliant again when he says he has more pace given the circuit is much more easier to pass

Hungaroring is one of those annoying circuits " Monaco without the walls!" - unfortunately given the nature of the circuit you can form a queue behind by maintaining track position

19. Il_leone

Il_leone Race Winner

Featured Threads:
    FB that do you that is still cheaper than 50 million reasons they use to pay him then 28 million reasons if he did not drive for another team:facepalm:

FB likes this.
  20. teabagyokel

teabagyokel #bringbackmaldo Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    When Hamilton got into the DRS window, Raikkonen simply pulled to within a second of Vettel to negate the advantage.

I suspect Vettel was vulnerable without Raikkonen as the stopper in the bottle.

Chasz and Bill Boddy like this.
  21. The Pits

Featured Threads:
    Possibly.

I recall significant periods where Kimi was more than a second behind, but hadclewis in drs. Not prolonged periods granted.

With overtaking in single figures though, its not much of a stretch to think it would have been ok.

Share This