Pre-Season 2013 Season

Do you reckon this points on licence system http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/104268 will be passed in time for next season?

The main consequence of it I can see is that it would mean Brogan would have to create another stats table to go on the forum ;)

It does seem a sensible idea though. I think if it had been in place this season we may have seen a ban for Maldonado which I don't think would have been a bad thing. He seems to have got the message now but a ban might have made him get it a bit earlier.

I suppose they would have to clearly define what points are given for. For instance if blaming everyone else for accidents you've brought on yourself got you points Mark Webber would miss quite a few.

Glad I checked here before creating a thread on it. My first though on the points was uh-oh another controversial penalty system. I wonder how easy it would be to differentiate between a repeat offence or slightly different offence as well. Also we will undoubtedly see situations where the penalty/points were harsh or lenient and one harsh move could be a whole race ban. I think we have had a slightly unfortunate season in that we have had two drivers with repeat offences however I felt Grosjean was dealt with in the right way.

Don't forget Maldonado was given the benefit of doubt on so many of those occasions that he probably wouldn't have racked up enough points for a ban.

I think this is too far for now. Better young driver opportunities would be more beneficial than just banning them. I don't want a system of fear in our drivers, it'll be like 2008 all over again!

I think the best thing about 2013 is that we've had a shake up of driver line-ups in 2 of the top 4 teams. I've liked the Hamilton/Button partnership, however with both wanting equal status it has hampered Mclaren's chances of winning titles.

I'm very much looking forward to seeing Nico Rosberg been given a really test from Hamilton. Plus Lewis trying to drag a poor car up the grid and fighting for victories come the end of the 2013 season.

I'm also looking forward to Mclaren having Perez and Button in the same team. Both have similar driving styles and Mclaren should use this to their advantage and build them both a car that suits them both.

Overall I can't wait for the season to begin next year, in the last couple of years i've been looking forward to the new season. But not the excited looking forward to it, this time I just want March to come around quickly now :).

The BBC F1 website guy said on twitter that Martin Whitmarsh said that Charlie Whiting said that he is proposing two DRS zones at every track next year.

Think Monaco maybe a case of not having DRS. It doesn't work there and I think everyone including the teams would want a DRS free Monaco GP. There just isn't enough room for over taking and through the tunnel was a no-no from all parties :ok:.

I am looking forward to seeing the new cars most of all. It's something I always look forward to, the new liveries, body style (minus the god awful nose from this year) and the building of expectations coming to a head.

The end of a season is always a sad occasion as it is yet another reminder of time flying by. However, the prospects of another fantastic season loom large on the horizon.

It begins….
Screen Shot 2012-11-26 at 14.23.15.png

Quite a conundrum this off-season. I can delude myself into believing that someone's fortune will finally change.......or simply become resigned to the fact that barring a major unforeseen event, we'll be right here again in a years time with the same Champions, pondering the woulda, coulda, and shoulda-been's for everybody else.

Back
Top Bottom