Pre-Season 2013 Season

The compound didn't change during the season.
It was just that the teams finally worked out how to "switch them on", plus of course they took the wrong compounds to Austin and said afterwards they would have gone two compounds softer.

That is AWESOME!!! I am formerly of the haute horlogerie industry and was always annoyed that Hublot was time keeper - never been a fan!

Rolex have been sponsoring loads of motoracing stuff in the US for years so again it sounds like positioning and leveraging by F1... which is good.

Even better my mate runs Rolex round here, time to tap up a free ticket and pit pass I reckon... wish me luck!:whistle:

Will the timing systems actually change or just the branding, i.e. are Rolex going to be suppliers or sponsors?

Usual story, they'll say they are providing techincal input and support la la la.... however its primarily branding, sponsorship and product placement at the end of the day.... unless the brand new Rolex digital is due out next year... not likely!

I've had look at the FIA grading list, and these are all the Grade 1's that don't have a race next year.

Dubai Autodrome
Fuji Speedway
Whichever German track doesn't host the GP
Imola
Indianapolis
Mangy-Cours
Mugello
Paul Ricard
Red Bull Ring
Valencia Street Circuit

All we know so far is that it will be in Europe, Istanbul no longer has a license, and Valencia have confirmed it wont be them.

Istanbul is all but ruled out after the government refused to subsidise it.

France has also been ruled out (numerous times).

That only leaves a couple of likely candidates.

I think that the Red Bull Ring is the most likely as a one-off; the boss owns the Red bull team and it's in the heart of Europe - easy to travel to Budapest (next race) from.

Sauber have revealed that their 2013 chassis has passed the FIA crash tests already. They're the first team to announce that (the season has barely finished!)

Now Ecclestone has said he only expects there to be 19 races next season.
It's always the bloody same, every single year.

Hopefully we'll know by March what the final calendar is :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom