Grand Prix 2013 Brazilian Grand Prix Practice, Qualifying & Race Discussion

It all comes down to the final race, sort of. There is no ‘versus’ this year, in terms of the WDC or the WCC – RBR have them both in the bag.

Alonso is safely second in the driver’s championship and, realistically, third place will go to either Hamilton or Webber – with Rosberg as a long shot if Hamilton and Webber fail to finish. Mark Webber usually excels here, and as this is his last race in F1, he may decide to go out in a blaze of glory and capitalise on Hamilton’s lack of luck in Brazil.

Second place in the WCC is as equally exciting, with Mercedes and Ferrari contending for the honour and cash. On paper, it should be Mercedes with two strong drivers; however, Massa sometimes does well at his home track, winning in 2006 and 2008, and may yet be inclined to pull his finger out again for his home fans!

Rumour has that the circuit is one of the most demanding for the drivers, and that it is loved by teams and fans alike but is that enough to create an exciting race when there is sod all at stake except for individual drivers who are still looking for next year’s seat?

Interlagos has been part of the F1 circus for 40 years, becoming a permanent fixture in 1990 and has been the venue for many deciding battles – sadly, not so this year – but it could yet throw up a stonking race.

Well .....I was of the opinion that Bottas was ...one to watch.....
But I'm now of the opinion that he is ..one to watch out for....
Mephistopheles
Coultard said ....LH was ......100% NOT to blame for the Kobi incident at Spa...so why bring that up ...Kobi was out of control & couldn't slow his car down for the corner...that is.....until he hit LH & punted him out of the race/win.... the Brummie whinge was DSteward...so it wasn't looked at & Kobi got away with it ....DON'T FORGET>>>>>If it's LH...it's gotta be his fault......right ....

He's still one to watch, he wasn't to blame and even if he was by those standards you'd write off everyone on the grid!

Anyone trying to put the blame on one person in the Bottas/Hamilton incident is being stupid and foolish imo (yes, including the stewards!). Hamilton should have looked in his mirrors, knowing that backmarkers are free to overtake (as he should know) and how it was in a DRS zone. Bottas should have seen Hamilton edging towards him and realize they were about to touch. Complete racing incident. The penalty was stupid.

Wow, talk about overreacting. Not really surprised though seeing who's involved and you're the one posting it :snigger:

Anyone trying to put the blame on one person in the Bottas/Hamilton incident is being stupid and foolish imo (yes, including the stewards!). Complete racing incident. The penalty was stupid.
Wow, talk about overreacting. Not really surprised though seeing who's involved and you're the one posting it :snigger:
I'm glad I gave you something to snigger about......
I have said I thought it was a racing incident......so why the personal comment...?...FROWN....smiley here

Bottas wasn't the only driver to attempt to un-lap himself. Ricciardo and Sutil (I believe) un-lapped themselves from Vettel today with no incident.

It would seem that this forum is heavily in favor of Hamilton. I think we need to take a step back when one of our favorite (or least favorite) drivers is involved in an incident.

I really think that if Hamilton had the season that Vettel had this season the comments on this site (and others) would be wildly different.

Let's just be glad that this season is over and we can get on with a (hopefully) more competitive season next year.

We did all witness history being made this year. You can say that you have seen one of the most dominant driver/car/team combinations in all F1 history.

Just my two cents on the incident:
If Bottas didn't retire, then the stewards wouldn't, in my opinion, have given the penalty. I can't see what either driver did that was against the rules. It was just unfortunate that they touched each other. Not every incident has to have someone at fault.

Agree with you there mjo , what also didn't help also with Hamilton and Bottas coming together was the fact that the Mercedes today seemed pretty slow in a straight line.

F1][/quote]
I hope Sky get a new anchorman next year...
Lazenby is a complete *****/****

F1ang-o.......I'd gladly take Lazenby and Sky's F1 coverage over here in a minute, compared with what we receive from NBCSports..The amount of commercial breaks, while track action is ongoing is just infuriating, and would cause you to throw a brick through your tv. How about interviews, and commercial breaks being conducted during qualifying, and especially with the 10 minute run during Q3.........I'm really not interested to watch an interview during Q3 while cars are on the track, with a driver, trying to explain why he didn't get out of Q1.......maybe later, but not now.

Just my two cents on the incident:
If Bottas didn't retire, then the stewards wouldn't, in my opinion, have given the penalty. I can't see what either driver did that was against the rules. It was just unfortunate that they touched each other. Not every incident has to have someone at fault.

I disagree on this once again. It wasn't unfortunate. It was an error made by Hamilton. He moved across the track and into Bottas.

Back
Top Bottom