• Timo Glock

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jerome d'Ambrosio

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm really struggling to understand why people think it was risky or dangerous to pass on a straight :s

He had a choice of going left or right and went left.
Then Button squeezed him into the wall.

Oh well, each to their own I suppose.

I'm really struggling to understand why people think it was risky or dangerous to pass on a straight :s

He had a choice of going left or right and went left.
Then Button squeezed him into the wall.

Oh well, each to their own I suppose.

Au Contraire, Mr B - Jenson was merely positioning himself for the next turn and Lewis got reckless and went for a rapidly closing gap. I've seen this move many times on the A303 at the end of a dual carriageway section when the road goes from two lanes to one. Similar results on occasion too...

I voted for Vettel. Losing a race which he led from the first lap to the last lap, to an opponent who had 2 crashes and a drive through penalty is just unacceptable.

I also voted for Vettel... just because I can this weekend for a change... nothing against the guy he's just won too much recently. Frankly I'm just sitting on the fence here so I don't have to get into the Button & Hamilton/Alonso debate.

Also, can we have an honourable mention for the marshal that fell over tying to retrieve a bit of bodywork and then continued to fall over whilst trying to get out of the way out of an HRT(?). Scary moment but definitely worthy of chump status.

I voted for Vettel. Losing a race which he led from the first lap to the last lap, to an opponent who had 2 crashes and a drive through penalty is just unacceptable.

And that makes him chump of the "weekend"?

He did also bin it during practise and only got his vastly faster car a couple of 10ths in front of Alonso during qualifying.

My vote still to come....

Still with the faster car stuff?

Each to their own I suppose....

To be fair he did make a mistake at the worst possible time. All the other notable incidents were contact due to attempted overtaking moves but he fell off by himself on the last lap of the race.

I still don't believe in chumpery ... well not in F1 ... anyway.... well other the Charlie W ... of course but he's bever on the list. I wonder why not?:thinking:

Alas, a man, a Fender man! That agrees with me....

I think DRS can give Charlie W a run for his money too

I agree with Fenderman and Slyboogy. No chumps in racing cars today; the only chump was the one controlling the lights on the top of the safety car.

Heidfeld and di Resta were a bit all over the place. It has to be one of them. Maybe Heidfeld because he cost me good points on Fantasy F1. >:(

Button would be a candidate as well, but I find it hard to call the winner a chump. He also got even with Vettel from Monaco. ;)

I'd be interested to know where you think Heidfeld went wrong. He was under massive pressure at times and didn't quiver. The only reason he lost positions was because the DRS made it completely impossible to defend. He DNF'd thanks to freak cirumstance out of his control.

I'm not saying you're wrong, but I'd interested to hear your reasoning.

I'd be interested to know where you think Heidfeld went wrong. He was under massive pressure at times and didn't quiver. The only reason he lost positions was because the DRS made it completely impossible to defend. He DNF'd thanks to freak cirumstance out of his control.

I'm not saying you're wrong, but I'd interested to hear your reasoning.

I think he's just a bit angry as Heidfeld cost him points in fantasy F1, just heat of the moment eh? ;)

Chump may be a strong word but that's another discussion. As for the driver who snatched defeat from the jaws of victory the award has to be Vettel.

Not his best weekend by any means. The 1st time he had any sort of pressure and he folded.

I've abstained from the chumpery voting system for this race. I don't think any of the drivers deserved the accolade of Chump of the Weekend this weekend.

I flirted with the possibility of voting for di Resta, but this was his first time racing at Montreal and he's my FF1 reserve driver, so I've chosen not to see anything he might have done.. at all... he did drive this weekend, didn't he? :unsure:

Interesting that the first and second place driver plus Hamilton who faced no penalties, have racked up over 80% of the vote at the time of writing this.

I'm struggling for chump. Maybe the marshall that fell over not once but twice trying to pick up debris? Not the best place to fall over so pretty chumpish. Was it Kimi?

Vettel - for not congratulating Button's efforts and feeling hard done by as he'd led right up until the last lap (may I refer you back to how long you led the 2010 WDC Mr Vettel) even after he did everything in his power to shorten the race/keep the safety car out. Far outweighs a virtually faultless pole and race.

Button - speeding under safety car, not seeing Lewis, daring to overtake the mighty Fernando in his FIA and having the audacity to win?? Definite chump material

Hamilton - for goodness sake I do wish he'd stop confusing F1 with racing. Stick to the racing line Lewis and only try to overtake when race control have told you you can push the magic overtake button at certain points on the track, as long as the driver in front isn't on the racing line you understand. Will he ever learn....

Webber - for getting in Hamilton's way, does he not know he must move out of the way for Hamilton as that's what Hamilton expects?

Di Resta - for trying to take away from Hamilton the number 1 spot for the Stewards choice award

Rosberg - for allowing Schumacher to finish ahead of him and think that he shouldn't retire

Schumacher - for finishing ahead of Rosberg when I prefer Rosberg

HRT - for having a stupid name

Virgin - for letting Button split them during the safety car when poor Jessica was watching helplessly

Bernie - sprinklers really? You really want to introduce 5 hour races because modern F1 cars and drivers cant race in the wet?

Nope after careful consideration my chump of the weekend has to go to Rihanna

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom