Pre-Season Your 2019 Predictions for the year ahead.

Izumi I would be very surprised if it was totally straightforward. Chaos we can expect, straightforward, I don’t think so.

:)
Hmm, fine, however chaos implies there is a solution - somewhere. If all planes get grounded, what are the alternative way for F1 to travel? Sounds crazy, however this issue is on the list. I am merely impatiently curious, because sooner or later we will find out anyway, should there be hard B at the end, which is now accepted as most likely outcome after two years of negotiations.

BTW, POTUS has just now nominated his man to lead W.T.O. to "shake it up",whatever that means, so they will be busy with their own problems. Air travel is not going to be on their agenda.

Last edited:
Never mind a couple of aeroplanes. The entire future of European motorsport has hung by a thread the last 2 years due to the EU's European Motor Insurance Directive and hardly a soul seemed to notice. How to move some boxes of freight around will resolve itself.

Predictions for 2019 - F1 and more.

1. Lewis will win, followed by Seb again, details below.
2. Kirk Douglas, Prince Philip and Robert Mugabe will die. (Not together.)
3. US will enter a recession in 4th quarter of the year.
4. Corbyn will be ousted as Labour leader.
5. Lewis will bang on and on about God.
6. Ricciardo will be beaten by the Hulk.
7. Djokovic will hold all four tennis slams.
8. India will win the cricket World Cup.
9. 'Feelance politicians' who'll work for anyone for the right price will become widespread. Fake news by another name.
10. Space tourism will help promote a more holistic view of the Earth, as the rich return awestruck from trips to space.
11. Edit 27.03.19 Claire Williams will out of her post before the end of the season.

vintly_F1_2019_predictions.jpg

Last edited:
My Racoon is a lady racoon. But all raccoons are good at raiding dustbins. I’m planning on working closely with any raccoons I come across.
:D

Predictions are hard to make. I think much will depends if and when Stewards of the Race commence to do their job and start calling Verstappen out for his indiscretions. When a following car is on substantial overtake, there is a point when Verstappen should yield, instead taking people out of the race. Well, he hasn't really alwyas yielded, did he? Last couple of seasons FiA had been out of control IMHO. Regardless of popularity, there used to be some sporting rules in place. I am not sure what happened that book. They may find it and dusted off once he takes Hamilton out of race.

Last edited:
There will be no chaos, everything will be calm, specially as none of the British built cars will be able to get out of the UK.

Ferrari will win both the WDC and the WCC, but it will be a close call.

The head of Mercedes Cars will keep on demanding to know why his German team is not even getting podiums.

Since no-one can get out of the country the Sky commentators are told they will be doing their commentaries from the studio watching the TV coverage; they all promptly resign after is is confirmed that they will not be being getting any expenses, free meals, hotels etc.

It will be voted the most competitive and interesting season of the 2000s.

Joking aside, it's just a few days ago someone on this forum corrected me on having concern that no-agreement exit end of March might present some travel related issues to F1 (at least to some teams initially). No problem, said that person, to move couple of boxes will be a breeze (or something to that effect). I am rather sitting on the fence, because nothing, as far as I am aware, was finalized up to now. British media suggested air-travel might be frozen (at least temporarily), because WTO rules which are expected to take effect do not cover this subject.

Shouldn't always believe what the media says. Whilst I'm sure it will cost us thousands of pounds to do so there is no way that transit from UK to Europe will suddenly stop overnight. It just won't happen

Shouldn't always believe what the media says. Whilst I'm sure it will cost us thousands of pounds to do so there is no way that transit from UK to Europe will suddenly stop overnight. It just won't happen
Well that sounds good to me, if true. The Guardian (that's where I read that) was reffering to Air-travel only. (Planes will be grounded if there is no deal in place, was the prediction.)

Izumi, if you believe everything you read, the whole country will grind to a halt if there is a no deal Brexit. Some bad things might happen but I am guessing it would only be temporary anyway. Lots of contingency plans are being put into place for such an outcome.

Back
Top Bottom