Yas Marina Circuit is open for business

Apparently it has cost £22 billion to build the Yas Marina circuit.

However, it will come as no surprise to many that Ecclestone is eager to see the Championship fight go down the final race of the season in Abu Dhabi - after all, roughly £22 billion has been spent to prepare the Yas Marina Circuit for its inaugural day-night race on November 1.
Surely that's a typo?
There's no way it could ever have cost that much :s

http://www.planet-f1.com/story/0,18954,3213_5626754,00.html

Well, £22bn doesn't buy what it used to!

You'd think it was a typo, but from what? With building an entire extension to the city, power supply, hotel etc. I wouldn't have expexted and change from the odd billion or two. Maybe it could be £2.2bn, still a tidy sum!

However, it will come as no surprise to many that Ecclestone is eager to see the Championship fight go down the final race of the season in Abu Dhabi - after all, roughly £22 million has been spent to prepare the Yas Marina Circuit for its inaugural day-night race on November 1.

I think they noticed the typo :snigger:

First onboard laps including the famous tunnel pit lane exit.
I'm amazed that tunnel was ever approved from a safety point of view.

I know it's a desert, but the track is very flat. Couldn't they have landscaped in some elevation or something?! And that pit exit! It looks like the exit from a NCP car-park in town. (Whisper in the driver's ear from his engineer, when he goes through the tunnel, "watch out for the toll barrier"! LOL )

Has anyone else noticed that the circuit plan looks like a GUN!!!

Do you think this has any significance? ;)

Autosport are reporting the event has sold out, although only 50,000 grandstand tickets were available, which seems a bit low compared to other races. The cynic in me says that by limiting sales to 50k, it's much easier to slap a sold out sticker on the advertising posters. Anyone know what the actual capacity is, or is it actually 50k?

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/79760

it looks like the capacity of the circuit is indeed 50 000. you gotta go down a bit, but its in this flyer... somewhere. mind you, spa has about 70 000 so its not that bad. but does this 50 000 include camels as well we all wonder?

Back
Top Bottom