Gaming XCOM: Enemy Unknown.

F1Yorkshire

Avatar for sale to the highest bidder
Contributor
Anyone remember this???

xcom_ufo_defense_001.jpg

Well it's back and it's got a 21st century reboot.

Here's the trailer:

Looks good doesn't it.

Want to know what it's actually like to play?

Here's an interactive gameplay trailer, the length of the trailer depends on the choices you make so put aside 20 mins of your time and have fun with it!

Personally I'm very excited about this, I spent many hours during my teens playing in my room late at night. This game is the reason why!

F1Yorkshire I too loved these games I think I had 2 or 3 versions on PC, but the one in your first picture was the best. Was that the one with the steerable rocket launcher ? You had to build a space ship and go to the alien home world in the last mission to wipe them out at source. Ahhh the wasted youth. :snigger:

The new game looks great, I love that they have kept it 3rd person turn based and not gone down the first person shooter route like they did when they ruined 'Syndicate'.

Release date 12th October. Sold.

There are so many good games out now or very soon. I just don't know what to spend my currently limited funds on!

Xcom, F1 2012, The new Assassins Creed looks epic, expect a thread on that soon!
The new Sim City coming out looks amazing but I'll need some new hardware before I can get that!

Spent about 6 hours playing this on Saturday and 4 hours on Sunday. Its awesome. The game play and strategy is all very similar to the original. looks like there is a long play time to reach the end story. Started playing on 'normal difficulty' and was getting my ass kicked. Restarted and switched to 'easy' which isn't like me, now doing rather better. Great game. Thanks F1Yorkshire for the heads up, I would of missed this.

Back
Top Bottom