FIA WTF is Mohammed ben Sulayem saying?

Brogan

Legend
Staff Member
I have never read so much ****ing word salad.

I have no personal issue (with him). I don’t hate anyone. Michael is there and we might use him. I didn’t say we were getting rid of him. I said we might use him. He may be in a good place to use. We are open to everything.

Our race structure was wrong organisationally,” he said. “And though we have brought in two new race directors, I wouldn’t say we have got it all right yet. We need to clean the stables.

So he wants to "clean the stables" but also still bring Masi back?

It’s not like going to a supermarket and asking for some more stewards. You need firm and fair people, tolerant people. I am thinking, for example, of bringing in rally co-drivers, who have plenty of multi-tasking skills that are required, and training them up. We need a recruitment drive.

Rally co-drivers as F1 race directors? Seriously?

Lewis saw a doctor in Miami to discuss the jewellery issue — and guess what, he was a British doctor.
What?
What does the doctor's nationality have to do with anything?

British doctors ethics means they can't be bought off, or at least they're too expensive for his taste to buy off.

Aww, I thought this was going to be a caption competition :(

The fundamental problem is that they have elected a man who has no idea how a vaguely democratic institution like the FIA works. He comes from a society and background where the rule making process is opaque and not open to scrutiny. If you step out of line "justice" is swift and brutal and you have no right to appeal. The idea of inclusivity means including other men, preferably from your own family.

The FIA has elected a new JM Balestre. It remains to be seen whether FOM will stand up to whatever diktats come from the FIA under his leadership, in the way Bernie did in the 70's and 80's, or if they will just smile politely and pocket the cash. I'm thinking it's likely to be the latter, until the sponsors start pulling out.

Based on his performance since taking over the role, I think Mohammed ben Sulayem's best communications strategy is to shut up and only respond in Arabic when addressed. That way he may be able to retain plausible deniability (aka blame the translator).

this is going to be deeply unpopular, but i thought it was unfair that masi was the only one that got punished for the farce of ending to season. he made big mistakes, that wasnt just in Abu Dhabi, it sown quite a few races before. he wasnt 100% at fault for what happened so shouldnt have taken 100% of the blame. Horner, Wolff, Red Bull pitwalls & Mercedes pitwalls got off very lightly

This is not the thread you're looking for.

* waves hand *
i knew it would be unpopular, but sometimes you have to say the unpopular thing LOL

but i dont like that masi is ostracized. he not allowed back but Horner, Wolff & both pitwalls shocking behaviour over the radio that wouldve contibuted to the mess has been swept under the rug

British doctors ethics means they can't be bought off, or at least they're too expensive for his taste to buy off.
I have little interest in wearing jewellery, but it did really surprise me to hear that some of Hamilton's jewellery would require surgery to remove! It strikes me as foolish in the extreme to attach something to your body that you can't easily remove... (Although I also think the same about tattoos, so I'm clearly just an old fogey)

but i dont see much wrong with what he said it widely known all season that masi hadnt taken on just Charlie's job. he taken on his 2 assistants as well & spreading himself too thin

I guess he assuming that British doctor would be biased. which is ridiculous because doctors are only concerned with health. & Hamilton knew the risks of this jewellery because as we known in F1 they know the rules inside out

I wonder if Grogean was wearing any jewelry, if he was has it caused any lasting damage, if he was and it hasn't then the rule is somewhat redundant, though using underwear made man made fibres can result in wearing them for life.

this is going to be deeply unpopular, but i thought it was unfair that masi was the only one that got punished for the farce of ending to season. he made big mistakes, that wasnt just in Abu Dhabi, it sown quite a few races before. he wasnt 100% at fault for what happened so shouldnt have taken 100% of the blame. Horner, Wolff, Red Bull pitwalls & Mercedes pitwalls got off very lightly
Yes and No but Masi let this happen really from his inconsistencies during the season but he was not helped by the stewards in Brazil and Saudi

If Masi did return I am waiting for a Red Bull conspiracy to surface

I have never read so much ****ing word salad.

So he wants to "clean the stables" but also still bring Masi back?

Rally co-drivers as F1 race directors? Seriously?

What?

I'd very much doubt it not without heavy supervision and someone monitoring all the radio calls coming in

If Ben Sulayem has the balls then he should come out and build Masi's credibility and lets see if he backs him if he cocks up again

Back
Top Bottom