• Kevin Magnussen

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Others

Votes: 2 9.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Il_leone

World Champion
I can't remember a time when I've seen so many drivers on today's grid who don't deserve their seat or surely haven't made enough justification that they deserve their seats so I thought I'd throw this one

Lance Stroll - We know his Dad is loaded and he probably will get Ocon's seat at Force India. Two races in a row he has hit Alonso . Fernando's response whether drivers today are more aggressive was " No just more amateurish" speaks volumes. For all his Dad's millions , Williams have slid right to the back

Sergey Sirotkin - Remember the time when Sauber signed him up as a 17 year old test driver ? Now Sergey has done F2/GP2 and has credibility but again money got him into F1. Still he has the upper hand against Stroll in qualifying which is all he can really show given how bad the Williams is

Marcus Ericsson - Has only driven for Sauber in F1 and comes with money and has been soundly beaten by all his teammates. Now made team ambassador because he has no drive :o Has been involved in 11 accidents in 5 years which is interesting static given a young Dutchman at the sharp end has probably just as many in less time

Stoffel Vandoorne - an impressive CV but unfortunately this is the season of hell for a man once rated a future world champion. Could be whitewashed in quali come end of the season and is absolutely mentally battered with no points since May.

Brendan Hartley - Has started a trend at Red Bull that they should be given a second chance after being ditched all those years ago. However nothing convincing to say he deserves to be in F1 next year and got a bit tetchy when asked about his future. Some unlucky races but generally not able to match Gasly more often than not. Its telling if barely half a season gone the team bosses are already looking for replacements and don't deny it either

Pierre Gasly - Stand out drives in Bahrain, Monaco and Hungary but its almost like he has tailed off a bit since being announced at Red Bull.

Valterri Bottas - judging by his first half of the season he looked strong but for bad luck. Since the summer and being demoted to No 2 he seems to have lost a bit of edge and performed poorly at races in comparison to Hamilton. It seems like Ocon appears destined to replace him in 2020 which might be upsetting him

Seb Vettel - Mistakes , mistakes and mistakes from a 4 time world champion who does not look at ease within his current environment at Ferrari.

Romain Grosjean - crashing into the wall , smoking the tyres and blinding others makes you wonder if he should be in F1. Was improving since the summer but after Sunday is a few points away from another ban . Lucky to keep his seat

Kevin Magnussen - I put him here simply because he still does his dangerous late moves like Verstappen and has caused a few accidents. Whilst has been impressive I wonder if he will ever get a top drive if he does not curb his dangerous driving

Others

Max Verstappen springs to mind for his first half

For me its bottas espically since the summer break. Dont mean to be harsh because i know his teammate is 1 of the best ever in F1. He is turning him into a waste of a seat. Also in Suzuka & Austin, Max has made him look an fool. You can only wonder where Verstappen could be in same machinery (even if it has potential for 2007 with Lewis & alonso bust up)

RasputinLives If it this was up to Monaco I think Max Verstappen might have been worst driver on the grid

With regards to Vettel he is not driving like a 4 times world champion and seems to be losing it

Last edited:
F1Brits_90 I think the wingman comments have hurt Bottas following on from not allowed to win at Hockenheim and subsequently the pressure in putting Ocon somewhere has just added to question his position

F1Brits_90 I think the wingman comments have hurt Bottas following on from not allowed to win at Hockenheim and subsequently the pressure in putting Ocon somewhere has just added to question his position

if that is the case then he will never been a championship contender, because you cant be mentally weak like that. I was hoping that wingman comment & sochi would give him, the kick up the backside the guy needs with something to prove, comes out fighting. bit like kimi has when Leclerc challenging him & eventually took his seat. he was fantastic always challenging vettel. Bottas has always stay at terrible level

F1Brits_90 Il_leone the discussion is about who does not deserve to be on the GRID and you're talking Vettel (because he hasn't driven like a 4 times world champion), Bottas (because he's been about 3 tenths off ONE OF THE greatest driver of all time) and Verstappen (based on 5 races).

Personally I think you're both bonkers.

Last edited:
RasputinLives i wasnt doing it on who doesn't deserve on the grid because let face it thats half the grid :D

But i was doing on expectations. In same way if Hamilton finished 7th it would be a disaster & but 7th for alonso huge success. I cant go for Williams driver or vandorne. they are bit 1 arm behind their back. even kubica admitted he couldnt work miracles with that car.

Ericsson he could be level with bottas as he is just as bad v his teammate

Hartley nice lad talented in WEC. Does better than credited with. But just a bit beige

Magnussen bar his mad moves. Has some fantasic results is 2nd in B championship

Grosjean arguably lucky leclerc is jumping past haas striaght to Ferrari or Force India kept perez not ocon. As he is 3rd on the list & couldve easily gone

I'd have to agree with Il_leone and Titch Stroll is probably the worst driver in some ways. Though how much is him and how much is the car we can't really be sure right now, that will become more apparent if/when we see him at Force India next year.

Last edited:
We used to have many more terrible drivers in F1, but the thing is they never qualified. Sadly, we're limited to 20 cars nowadays and many teams struggle for money so that they can easily buy their way into the sport.

I believe the Williams has been called a turd here by some, but I still regard Stroll and Sirotkin being the worst drivers on the grid because I doubt that Stroll has closed the substantial gap he had to Massa in terms of pace this season which was 1 second in qualifying and roughly half a second per lap in the race. Williams with a better driver pairing could be at least equal with Toro Rosso on points at this stage in the season.

Bottas (because he's been about 3 tenths off the greatest driver of all time)
When did Hamilton become the greatest driver of all time? Statistically he may soon be ahead in all categories, but no other driver has been in more championship challenging/ title winning cars than Hamilton. The worst car he sat in was the 2009 McLaren and when McLaren caught up towards the end of the season he managed to win a few races.
Bottas is also making him look much better at the moment because the whole team is focused on him and he rarely dominanted Rosberg in the same manner. It would be nice to see Ocon or some else more capable than Bottas next to Hamilton next season.

F1Brits_90 - ok I see your logic. But using your own logic why Bottas and not Kimi?

(By the way my worst performing driver is Brendan Hartley - I could make a case for Kimi and Carlos Sainz too but Op didn't put him on the list)

Last edited:
Yeah, its Hartley for me as well.

Most of the other drivers mentioned are just driving around in cars that are total heaps of junk so it would be unfair to judge.

Hartley is in a midfield contender and is giving mediocrity a bad name.

As for putting Vettel on the list. Really? :facepalm:

F1Brits_90 - ok I see your logic. But using your own logic why Bottas and not Kimi?

(By the way my worst performing driver is Brendan Hartley - I could make a case for Kimi and Carlos Sainz too but Op didn't put him on the list)

Kimi in 2014 15 16 & 17 you are spot on he was terrible phoning it in. Couldnt be bothered & was a miles off vettel but i think kimi driving his best since 2012 this season. The only problem was ferrari had to threaten him with the sack to get these performances out of him

But reason for bottas is he is envy of every driver on that grid. They got the seat that almost everyone wants & he is servely underperforming

Phillipe Adams?

F1Brits_90 - Bottas has been employed to be number 2 to Lewis Hamilton and help Mercedes secure both titles. Therefore he is in fact probably the best performing driver on the grid because he's doing what he is paid for. I doubt anyone is envious of the position he is in.

Last edited:
I can't remember a time when I've seen so many drivers on today's grid who don't deserve their seat or surely haven't made enough justification that they deserve their seats so I thought I'd throw this one

Seb Vettel - Mistakes , mistakes and mistakes from a 4 time world champion who does not look at ease within his current e
Max Verstappen springs to mind for his first half

Sounds like then a racing accident is now a mistake. Not Ricciardo's, not both to some measure, just Vettel's. Damn if he tries, damn if he doesn't.

Forgive me, but credibility of some comments I find on the internet these days seems taking quite a beating. The same with Verstappen a race back, Don't you have even faint feeling that some drivers are taking liberty with Vettel because they do know how easy they will get off the hook?

Take Horner's comment after race - Verstappen will never yield. Excuse me, but the issue is not whether he wants or not, but whether Verstappen has followed rules as he should have, taking Vettel's relative position to his car. Problem is, FiA see only what they want to see.

Back
Top Bottom