Poll Williams Next Season

Who should drive for Williams next season?

• Total voters
Well it looks like we all would favour a Sutil and Raikkonen partnership at Williams next season. Thanks to everyone who took part in the Poll and for a good discussion on this subject.

Adrian Sutil is now hot favourite to take the first Williams seat after Kimi Raikkonen's management team ruled out the move.
Reckon it'll be Sutil and Maldondo teaming up together next season at Williams now.

What an enviable position to be in. Maybe Kimi won't happen, but they have so many other options.

A Force India reject. This might be Sutil, which would be odd given how well he has done in the second half of 2011, or Di Resta may be parked to allow Hulkenberg in there. Again, Williams and Di Resta may be the best for both parties. Now, what if Force India keep their lineup? Would Hulk go back? Hmm...

Renault reject. Again, there is a good driver going to miss out. Senna, Petrov or Grosjean are going to be looking for a drive. Any of them would be attractive to Williams, surely.

Toro Rosso reject. If they make room for Vergne, whoever is cut to make room would surely be near the top of Sir Frank's list?

Bottas. Williams's test driver who shone in the young driver test.

Ricciardo, Vergne (loan deals). Surely better for driver and red bull to have them getting experience in a Williams than an HRT? Would Williams do a loan? Bottas would be gutted...

Maldonado. Assuming the Venezualan govt don't ask for their money back, there are tens of millions of reasons to keep Pastor.

Rubens. He's a lovely guy, quick and super committed, but perhaps not one for the future :(. Too many better options for the team?

I think it will pay to sit tight and see what Force India, Renault and Toro Rosso do. You might be able to field Sutil and Algersuari or Senna if they are jettisoned? Who do you think they will end up with?

I think Bottas needs another season in a junior formula, probably. Otherwise I think you're right: there will be some decent drivers left without a seat when the music stops, as they say. So wait and see.

Yeah Sutil at Williams - judging by his face during the interview on the F1 forum and the smile on Nico Hulkenberg's face during his interview on the F1 forum I think the decision at Force India was made a long time ago.

I think he's the best driver signing Williams can makw as he's at the peak of his form and will def drive next seasons car to its potential and maybe beyond it. Kimi would have been a gamble and not one a team in recovery needs to take I say.

On another note did anyone see how gutted Maldonado was when he retired? Didn't look like a guy knowing he was coming back next year.

I think Sutil has come of age since the fracas in China. FI will be worse for losing him if indeed they do.

Back
Top Bottom