Poll Williams Next Season

Who should drive for Williams next season?

• Total voters
At Ferrari and Mclaren - Senna, Prost and Schumacher won championships when it was not the best car and still able to win races

At Williams the philosophy under Frank has always been the car is more important than the driver

For Williams next year their goal is to improve on 9th place which means beating Toro Rosso and Saubers in all honesty unless the engineers have found something that other teams havent

The way Williams are going, buying shares, even at the low price they are now, is not a very good idea. The idea seems to be that Raikkonen is used to big up the prospects to get some serious investment money in. I can think of other retired drivers who would be much better at the graft of doing that.

Many have suggested that Kimi became money motivated. Well a vested financial interest in the team might put some fire in his belly and some lead in his race shoes.

Many have suggested that Kimi became money motivated. Well a vested financial interest in the team might put some fire in his belly and some lead in his race shoes.

Means bugger all if he doesn't have the car to do it - with the current car even if Kimi was on top form he'd still only be just about sneeking into the top 10 every now and again.

Means bugger all if he doesn't have the car to do it - with the current car even if Kimi was on top form he'd still only be just about sneeking into the top 10 every now and again.

Of course, but as share holder, he'll have a lot more influence than a "lightbulb". We know Kimi likes a challenge, if this is true then it could be his biggest one yet.

So Kimi who can't be bothered with answering simple questions in press conferences is going to be on it in executive board meetings? I guess if they hold them in lap dance clubs he at least might get there on time.

hmmmm

I'm being cynical I know but think I'll reserve judgment. I don't think we'll ever find out though as I can;t see Frank and co agreeing to it.

I'm just glad Jenson bought himself out of his Williams contract when he did, but I would like to see Kimi and sutil in the car actually I'd like to see Kimi and Hulk in the car but thats not an option.

So Kimi who can't be bothered with answering simple questions in press conferences is going to be on it in executive board meetings? I guess if they hold them in lap dance clubs he at least might get there on time.

hmmmm

I'm being cynical I know but think I'll reserve judgment. I don't think we'll ever find out though as I can;t see Frank and co agreeing to it.

Press conferences and executive board meetings are two total different things. Another thing worth pointing out, he owns a team with his managers in F3 which has been running since 2004, so he must not be doing too badly if it's still there.

Although the team is called Raikkonen Robertson Racing its actual managed by Anthony Hieatt and Kimi has had very little to do with the team other than sponsor it - not sure he's even the main benerfactor now either.

Although the team is called Raikkonen Robertson Racing its actual managed by Anthony Hieatt and Kimi has had very little to do with the team other than sponsor it - not sure he's even the main benerfactor now either.

Still has had some experience in the matter since it's been running for 7 years! :p

Still has had some experience in the matter since it's been running for 7 years! :p

Writing a cheque out for something is running it? In that case them I'm updating my CV to say I've been running British Gas for the last 10 years! :p

I thought the team was sold to Hieatt in 2010?

That might explain why they've become Double R Racing this season!

I think a Kimi-Sutil partnership would be very exciting. I think they would both pull Williams back up the grid and the extra money they would gain from the constructors championship and popularity / skill of those 2 drivers, far outweighs money they get from pay drivers like Maldonado.

I will be very dissapointed if Sutil does not manage to get a seat next season. I do not think he deserves to be dropped by Force India. His performances in the 2nd half of the season have been very impressive.

Back
Top Bottom