Votes: 23 50.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 13 28.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

landogeorgelewis1

Champion Elect
He's yet to be tied down to a contract at Mclaren for 2013 but Will Lewis leave Mclaren and look elsewhere for a drive in F1?

There's only a few teams that really could afford to take on Lewis they're:

FERRARI:

But would Ferrari take Lewis on especially since they've already got Fernando Alonso on the books. Plus Lewis and Fernando have history and don't get along. So would they really take Lewis on?

RED BULL:

Red Bull already have Seb Vettel on their books would they be room to have Lewis and Seb in the same team?

MERCEDES:

Could possibly be the team for Lewis, Lewis knows all about Mercedes with Mclaren been they sister team. Would Lewis jump over to the works team and help them become series title contenders?

MCLAREN:

He's spent many years with this team, but in recent month it would seem that relationship that him and team had has gone frosty and that a move would possibly be likely.

Or would he go elsewhere in F1 or Motorsport in general? Would love your opinion on this!

Mercedes is a possibility and someone did suggest that the USA may see him soon.

But, most likely, no, certainly not to Ferrari (unless Alonso leaves), probably not to Red Bull.

Maybe, he’ll leave one day but 2013? Hmm only if he was offered a car much better than the Mclaren but with the rule changes coming for then we have no idea which will be best.

It's pretty clear that he's in a weakened negotiating position now Alonso, Vettel and Button have signed long-term contracts.

I think McLaren is still his best bet, Mercedes are too much of a gamble unless they show race-winning performance next season. In 2013 he might be defending champion...

Hope he stays at McLaren....and Whitmarsh goes.

Why do you not like Martin Whitmarsh or something?

Interesting views guys keep them coming :).

Mercedes is a possibility and someone did suggest that the USA may see him soon.

But, most likely, no, certainly not to Ferrari (unless Alonso leaves), probably not to Red Bull.

Do you reckon the US thing might have more to do with Nicole than money if he does go out there?

Do I think he'll leave? No.
Do I think he should leave? No.

To be honest I don't really agree that the relationship between him and the team has gone frosty. I think he's frustrated, with a number of things and while this isn't really the place for debating what those things are, it's clear that he needs to sort them out quickly or risk not winning another title. I also don't believe the whole 'Button is ingatiating himself with the team better than Hamilton is', just that Button has simply driven better than him in the second half of the season.
If McLaren can build a car which is a contender straight out of the box rather than fannying around developing the car twice as hard as everyone else every race solely in order to keep up with the front-runnners (Red Bull) then I expect (hope) to see Hamilton back to his best next season after the winter break away from the sport for a few months. I want the 'old' Lewis Hamilton back.

I've always been under the impression that the Red Bull extreme sports brand and the Lewis Hamilton brand would be unable to resist each other for too long and with Simon Fuller in the mix I believed it was going to happen even sooner however his current form can't be bringing the marriage any closer. I don't believe it will last forever though and I do think we'll see Lewis in a Red Bull and its looking like 2013.

Now you can quote they've got Vettel at me all you like, You can quote that Horner doesn't want him and the team wouldn't want to destabilise anything blah blah blah etc etc etc but you're missing the point that is Red Bull - they are not an F1 team or a car manufactor. They've invested this mass loads of money into sport to promote their brand and they've promoted their brand by linking it to the most succesful and most famous sports stars. Lewis Hamilton and Red Bull is pure fried gold. It will happen eventually and it'll have nothing to do with F1.

Ferrari is not an option due to Alonso.

Red Bull is not an option - Horner has confirmed this on several occasions.

The only other top tier team is McLaren.

I can't see him driving for the likes of Mercedes or Renault at this stage in his career.

I've always been under the impression that the Red Bull extreme sports brand and the Lewis Hamilton brand would be unable to resist each other for too long and with Simon Fuller in the mix I believed it was going to happen even sooner however his current form can't be bringing the marriage any closer. I don't believe it will last forever though and I do think we'll see Lewis in a Red Bull and its looking like 2013.

Now you can quote they've got Vettel at me all you like, You can quote that Horner doesn't want him and the team wouldn't want to destabilise anything blah blah blah etc etc etc but you're missing the point that is Red Bull - they are not an F1 team or a car manufactor. They've invested this mass loads of money into sport to promote their brand and they've promoted their brand by linking it to the most succesful and most famous sports stars. Lewis Hamilton and Red Bull is pure fried gold. It will happen eventually and it'll have nothing to do with F1.
I think you make some great points. I would add that by the end of next year he will have been at McLaren for 6 years and alongside JB for 3 of them. Enough is enough on both counts and by then a refresh may be long overdue.

It's not anything to do with liking Whitmarsh
He & JB are similar types
LH........I think he will work it out, and stay

Maybe.

I can see why he would want to leave. He wants to win races and WDC's, and he's having a hard time doing that at Mclaren who have been playing catchup the past few seasons. Plus Button seems to have more sympathy than him in the team.

But I can also see why he wouldn't want to leave. He has been with Mclaren since he was a kid, and despite not winning a lot of championships the past decade they are still a top team and are still one of the best bets if you want to win a championship. Plus with the regulation changes coming up we might see a completely different order...

I have to say, I was pretty amazed to see McLaren setting the pace on such a downforce-critical circuit as Suzuka. Obviously tyre usage was important, but if McLaren and Ferrari can maintain that sort of performance for the rest of the season it bodes well for their competitiveness next year*. So that's a strong point in their favour.

*unless Newey finds something else in his magical cupboard

Things change fast in F1

Merc are not going to stay 4th for ever, there are already signs that they are willing to spend what it takes to regain their place at the head of the grid,

They are assembling a real team including MS (off track) Brawn and I am sure they will be grabbing a few more

They have Rosberg, if I was Lewis and Norbert made a move I would have his arm off

I can't see Whitmarshs McLaren competing fairly with Merc once the engine deal ends, McLarens most fragile moments have been when their engine supplier is not solid, can't see Whitmarsh coping too well with this.

Mac vs Merc? A gamble well worth taking

The only other driver Merc might want would be Vettel but he is happy at RBR

Merc are proper motoring aristocracy, this company invented the car as we know it

I think he will definitely re-sign with McLaren for 2013 but not a long term contract. He'll likely leave in 2014 when the new engine rules come into play which may mix up the grid order.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom