Which team has the best driver line-up? McLaren, Ferrari, Mercedes, or Red Bull?

Which of the following is the best driver line-up in F1 in 2015?

• McLaren: Alonso and Button (Senna and Prost)

Votes: 16 45.7%
  • Ferrari: Vettel and Raikkonen (Fingerboy and just a Fin)

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Mercedes: Hamilton and Rosberg (Maverick and Iceman)

Votes: 17 48.6%
  • Red Bull: Riciardo and Kyvat (the boy band)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

P1

Race Winner
Contributor
It's interesting - 2 world champions at Ferrari, 2 world champions at McLaren - both teams have now probably the most expensive driver line-ups in F1 ever.

Yet one can't help but feel that Mercedes actually has the best driver line-up on the grid.

Red Bull has one top notch driver, but the other is a bit of a dud I am predicting.

Too close to call between the new McLaren team and the Merc pair; I put Alonso and LH level and JB less likley to make a mistake in the race than Nico but slower in quali....

Tuscan1969 has it spot on, the best driver line up would be Hamilton/Alonso, even that combination proved not to be successful. Mercedes has the better overall package but I think Button would out perform Rosberg so McLaren get my vote.

If Hamilton is as good as Alonso and Rosberg ran Hamilton close enough that it came down to the last race of the season, then Rosberg has to be pretty close up there, add to that I think Rosberg will have only strengthened from the experience of last season. I think he's still some way off Lewis in terms of race craft but I would put him above Jenson now as an overall package. I think he also mended some bridges at the end of season that will see him well next season.

IMO Jenson should have walked rather than suffer the ignominy of the last few months followed by another season driving a struggling Mclaren being beaten by his team-mate (who whatever issues he has with some at Mclaren is still widely liked within the bulk of the team - giving people free wine from your vineyard does that!) and taking a chunky pay cut. That Mclaren was his only choice should have been enough.

Last edited:
Isn't Kimi the Iceman?
Nico ist Deutsch und der Sohn eines Eismann...
Eisverkäufer perhaps?

Ferrari also have two World Champions...

And what of Williams, with Bottas and Massa?

Last edited:
I voted McLaren however I think it is close between Mercedes and McLaren.

If McLaren/Honda can get close (and I really hope they can) to the Mercedes package I think next season will be quite interesting.

It's tough. I voted Mercedes. But can we put all 8 in a Mercedes car and let them race for a season, then we'd really know who was the best.

It depends what you mean by best driver line up, is it really best to two great drivers in one team it didn't work out in 07 and there were ructions this season gone, maybe a better driver line up would be to have one star and a tailgunner...

It depends what you mean by best driver line up, is it really best to two great drivers in one team it didn't work out in 07 and there were ructions this season gone, maybe a better driver line up would be to have one star and a tailgunner...

The Jim Clark/Graham Hill pairing in 1967 certainly worked out fine. However, neither of them was noted for having the massive egos that prevail today.

Alonso has shown himself to be a complete Prima Donna.

Hamilton had so much trouble beating Nico that you would have to rate them essentially equal, and friction will continue next season.

I think Ricciardo may well be the best of all the drivers, but his teammate is an unknown quantity in the (first team)F1 context

If Ferrari manage to create a competitive car, I think their duo will prove the best. If the car is a dog, neither of them will push.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom