What will be with 2020 season?

How many Grand Prix will be in the 2020 Formula 1 season?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
"Preliminary findings show a vaccine developed by Pfizer and BioNTech can prevent more than 90% of people from getting Covid-19." Maybe they are clowns too?

By the way, despite the big doubts that the season will take place at all,
in fact it not only took place, but also brought quite a few surprises.
One of the interesting things is the two-day format of the race weekend.

How do you fit the existing series in if there is no Friday to run the early sessions? They act as showpieces for the future WDC drivers?

Currently there are many fans who have F1 as part of a holiday arriving on Thursday or earlier. Has anyone asked these people what their thoughts about 2 day weekends? Oh sorry, they need to take with their tv or they don't count, they are only fans.

Bill Boddy - I’d much prefer a 4 day weekend...

Friday - support series qualifying, and possibly race 1
Saturday - 90 minute F1 practice, qualifying, support races
Sunday - support races, f1 race support races
Monday (some circuits) Free F1 testing (Single car on track at a time).

Once things go back to normal, I find it hard to see the teams agreeing to reimburse the circuits for their lost Friday ticket sales.
That's the beauty of my plan - the fans could actually get in to see more action on the track... I suppose that the attendance wouldn't be as high as the Friday currently is (February testing would probably be a reasonable guide).

You could introduce more off-track events on the Friday - meet the driver events, etc. - it might actually be a good way to get the drivers close to the fans (like they do in the US)

Back
Top Bottom