What will be with 2020 season?

How many Grand Prix will be in the 2020 Formula 1 season?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Perhaps this was the inspiration? Albeit a little shorter

1597919745272.png

The old Silverstone used to give some good races, as did the old Hockenheim and Monza without the chickens. If you take all the need for downforce out its about who has the slipperiest (is that a word) car and who's engine has the most grunt. Both Mercedes and Red Bull concentrate on going fast round the corners, throwing a car into a corner at 160mph with no grip is all about how big the drivers balls are.

Williams for the win!

I shall ignore F1Brits_90 as I've just come back from my Holiday and everyone should be able to Express Yourself in this sort of forum. Sorry if this is getting Borderline.

olegg was spot on last wednesday its just been confirmed. latest finish since 1963 when F1 finished in south africa. weirdly looking through shows how late F1 has progressed as in 2003 we finished on 2nd week of october. this year we would still have nurburgring & 6 more

1963 seemingly a good year, as british drivers had clean sweep of poles & wins, if it wasnt for the surtees ferrari victory in germany or dan gurney fastest lap in south africa then a british driver or car wouldve taken all 10 wins poles fastest laps

Turkey joins 17-race 2020 Formula 1 calendar

Last edited:
Turkey is interesting, the circuit hasn't hosted a motorsport event of any significance for five years and apparently doesn't - currently - hold the required FIA licence. More potential problems for Pirelli. Plus, I wonder who'll be paying to resurface it?

It does seem utterly bizarre that we also still don't know what layouts we're going to be using for the two Bahrain races... Apparently, the circuit is still in negotiations with the FIA about what circuits they can use...

There are 3 Bahrain circuits - a very high downforce version (used in 2010), the normal circuit (used every year except 2010), and the outer circuit (low downforce).

The outer circuit could be very interesting, as it would give a different form of F1 race...

on here

this from article did concern me

There is no confirmation on what circuit layout will be used by the 2nd Bahrain event, which will use the Sakhir GP name. F1 had been considering the much shorter & faster outer circuit, which Ross Brawn has described as being almost an oval, but it's understood that it won't now be used. Sakhir has an alternative in the "endurance" course that was used for the 2010 Bahrain GP.

surely the outer circuit makes sense for viewing figures. if anything because the title will have been sown up by Hamilton by then. (id take a punt on Turkey) so unless they bring different tyres its going to be same weekend twice. or worse endurance circuit & that was bad enough in 2010

Back
Top Bottom