What will be with 2020 season?

How many Grand Prix will be in the 2020 Formula 1 season?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Galahad - I’d rather there was a race at Donington than at Brands... simply because there are some opportunities for overtaking (the old hairpin), and the facilities are marginally better. Brands was too small for F1 in the ‘80s. Donington is at least a little more open as a circuit.

And here comes the FIA as usual trying to keep the interest alive.

They're going to issue a technical directive before the Belgian GP which will require cars to run the same engine mode in qualifying and races.

Presumably this is an attempt to peg back Mercedes and to "improve the show".

:rolleyes:

And here comes the FIA as usual trying to keep the interest alive.

They're going to issue a technical directive before the Belgian GP which will require cars to run the same engine mode in qualifying and races.

Presumably this is an attempt to peg back Mercedes and to "improve the show".

:rolleyes:
Well if is this Jean Todt finally coming out his shell wherever he has been hiding
If that happened to him when he was in charge at Ferrari he would argue they are within the regulations

1597829646820.png

Imola is still the last race on the calendar so have any more been confirmed after this?

As far as I can see Vietnam and China are postponed so its possible to shove them at the back end

i think it Bahrain outer looks fun. high speed maybe even higher speed than monza & more a kin to old spa. as i cant see after turn 1 many 1st or 2nd gear corners. they look 4th at least. the potential for the fastest pole lap in F1 history if they pole sitter averaged 140mph

these are the other facts from post i made back in June

that was dreadful. they are talking about using the outer circuit which at 3.664km would be only 300m longer than monte carlo. but will obviously be much quicker. there would be many records not used for many years if it was used which I can see.
  • it would be the 6th shortest circuit used in F1 history, only Zeltweg, Long Beach, Monaco, Jarama & Caesars Palace would've been longer
  • excluding Monaco, it would be the 1st time since 1983 they've raced at circuit of this length
  • It would be the longest race by lap duration at 83, since Adelaide 1995
  • if Pole lap could average 140mph, they would break the niki lauda record as the shortest F1 qualifying lap in history

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom