What will be with 2020 season?

How many Grand Prix will be in the 2020 Formula 1 season?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Not quite sure what any of this has to do with the 2020 season but: It is thought that the name Leighton comes from the Old English word Leahtun meaning a farm in a clearing in the woods. Buzzard comes from Theobald de Busar who was a Prebendary of the Dean of Lincoln as Leighton was situated in his diocese although there are other theories

i totally understand why on safety grounds because we dont want to see a repeat of the horrendous kyvat crash & bottas sainz Hamilton potentially max couldve end alot worse. so everything im saying is from a entertainment perspective

keep the same that worries me because unless its mandated a 2 stop strategy. teams will 1 stop which Means we going to be back to the horrendous dark days of 2015 or 2016 USA GP. Lewis was congratulated on how slowly he drove. so entertainment reasons we wouldve been better on softer tyres as the drivers wouldve be able pushed harder & safer on 2 stop soft/medium medium hard. but now they will be doing 1.24s in qualifying then 1.30s in race. which is 5.3 secs quicker in 2010 qualifying only 7-8 tenths quicker than the fastest lap from 2010.

Is Imola having a race on the Saturday and the Sunday?

No idea.

my best guess could it be 1 90 min FP, qualy later on & race sunday. because with the short daylight hours its best way to fit things in

or they could do 2 1 hr FPs on Saturday then qualy sunday morning & race Sunday afternoon. but that would be pushing it because they would need a 1.10pm start. to get the 4hr window

looks as if we will just have the 1 free practise & then weekend as normal

Last edited:
These "filming days" are such a joke. Everyone knows they are testing in all but name so why not give every team 2 test days per year to take at their leisure instead of pretending they are "filming"

Why is the race weekend at Imola only 2 days?

the original rationale was because it was the weekend after Portimao, and it would take significant amounts of time to get from Portimao to Imola, so the 2 day event was to allow for more time for transport...

I think it’s just to test the water... I’d much prefer 2 day weekends - so much less opportunity for refining set ups...

what do sky F1 do here, because i know spain you have to self isolate for 14 days on return & then they are talking about having do the same after beligium. so if they go to spain trackside would they legally have to miss beligium, as it wouldnt end til 31st august & do that in a studio. or is there different rules for F1 circus in their bubbles. the quarantine rules dont apply

... I’d much prefer 2 day weekends...

There are many fans who go to races away from their home country, it would certainly make me think twice.

There is also the question of the support races, they are part of the weekend; the number watching them would be reduced on days with no F1.

Bill Boddy - I suppose one of the issues is what should be on the support bill (and when should it run?) It's arguable that GP weekends could cope without the Porsche supercup. Do you also need two rounds of both F2 and F3?

I'm also less worried about those who fly around the world following F1... If COVID-19 has any long term impact, reducing the amount of air-travel (I know, Spa, and other European legs can be done via train) would only be a good thing

cider_and_toast - I agree, it would be great - but it doesn't have the licence! (Donington is FIA Grade 2, but needs Grade 1 for F1)...

That being said, Donington seems more equipped to have a Grade 1 licence than the following circuits:
  • Monaco
  • Fiorano
  • Zandvoort (I mean how?!?)
  • Kymi Ring (Look it up))
  • Moscow raceway...
I think the problem with Donington is that it's just not big enough for F1... cars would be lapping in less than a minute

I think the problem with Donington is that it's just not big enough for F1... cars would be lapping in less than a minute

i did some rough maths. based upon the difference gaps in pole laps from 1993 Brazilian GP & the 2019 Brazilian GP. that Donington pole lap would be close to the minute & its around 1.03

i would love to see F1 at knockhill. Titch could you imagine 32sec pole lap

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom