What will be with 2020 season?

How many Grand Prix will be in the 2020 Formula 1 season?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
We definitely won't be going to Brazil and the US any time soon.

I can see Russia going ahead but not sure which others will get the nod.

Here's a lap of the Portimao Circuit.

OMG that looks good. Some of those corners look like they won't just leave skid marks on the track.

Yeah it's good isn't it.

There's another great one where you come up a rise and just as it crests there's suddenly a corner.

There's another great one where you come up a rise and just as it crests there's suddenly a corner.
That was the one I thought might be a little tricky for some of the drivers.

The car is suddenly going to become light at the crest and they will be lifting off the power and braking.
We could see some drivers oversteering off to the right.

And also, the final corner, the long sweeping right hander which seems to drop away and is wide open, that's epic.

It's the sort of corner thst would make Herman Tilke shit a concrete block if he was ever asked to design something like that.

I think Tilke gets a bad rap - he was obviously under strict design criteria when Ecclestone was in charge.

He did a pretty good job with Turkey and COTA to some extent.

The thing these three tracks have in common is topography - a few undulations make all the difference.

There is an element to this that will make F1 exciting and that is suddenly racing on circuits they have done little or no racing on in their careers. Whilst it's impossible to keep that up as a factor maybe if F1 had a pool of 60 circuits that they visited on a 3 year rotation then we'd have more interesting racing? Teams lack of data on the track might be a nice leveller.

Montreal race in November unlikely, you say? No shit Sherlock.

Surprised Jerez hasn't been mentioned, has it lost its certification? Still warm in Andalucia in November.

Last edited:
So, as a general query, do tracks with more elevation changes make for better races?
Maybe for a different thread.
But, a few of my favourites are changeable:
Laguna Seca
Brands
Spa
Montjuic Parc
Nurbergring

Not to say I don't like flatter circuits like:
Albert Park
Goodwood
Monza

So, as a general query, do tracks with more elevation changes make for better races?
Laguna Seca
Brands
Spa
Montjuic Parc
Nurbergring

Albert Park
Goodwood
Monza

Watched the highlights last night and someone could understand what was so special about a flat circuit like Silverstone which was a ridiculous statement

Laguna Seca
Brands
Spa
Montjuic Parc
Nurbergring

Albert Park
Goodwood
Monza

i think yes 2 of my favourite circuits spa & interlagos both have alot of elevation

We will definitely have no Brazilian, Mexican, USA and Canadian GP so another 3 races to be added in Europe and possibly Sepang

Lewis usually wins in Austin and Montreal so it gives Bottas a bit more hope

I know this suppose to the world championship but effectively this season will be the EMEA championship

I know this suppose to the world championship but effectively this season will be the EMEA championship

Historically you had to race on at least 3 continents to qualify to call yourself an FIA World championship. I imagine in the current circumstances that rule will be relaxed if needed.

Historically you had to race on at least 3 continents to qualify to call yourself an FIA World championship. I imagine in the current circumstances that rule will be relaxed if needed.

Totally understandable I think getting 16 races this season would at least add credibility than just 8 races

Not that historically, in the 60's there was Europe and North America, the two circuits in America were Watkins Glen and Autódromo Hermanos Rodríguez, shipping cars about in the 50's and 60's wasn't as easy as it is today, shipping meant exactly that, and Oz was a 6 week trip for the cars for the Tasman series not part of the F1 WDC or manufacturers championship.

Last edited:
Totally understandable I think getting 16 races this season would at least add credibility than just 8 races

16/17 which is very easy now to do, as Bahrain, Bahrain "oval", unknown middle east destination & Abu dhabi takes you what ive heard end date of 13th december, Martin Brundle has said a few times in commentary that we could be racing up to the final sunday before christmas. is more than enough & well done to liberty media because they have managed to completely rid the worry that this couldve been a asterisk world championship because it was only 10 yrs ago that Button won a 17 race world championship

Back
Top Bottom