Announcement Welcome to the all-new Clip The Apex

I've updated the YouTube and Dailymotion embed code to use iframes.
This should work on all browsers and mobile devices which support HTML5, with a fallback to Flash for those that don't.

If anyone notices any problems with embedding or viewing, please let me know.

What?

Essentially it just means the way YouTube and Dailymotion videos are displayed in posts is different.

It should work no matter whether you use Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer or any other browser, and also on mobile phones and other devices.

Sorry Bro - don't really do this modern stuff very well.

And Dailymotion has other connotations for me.
oops.gif

I've reduced the padding on quoted content and also reduced the width to 83%.

Just a trial to see how it looks and works.

Just trying something with the message layout to see how it looks.

Naturally it looks rubbish in IE so only Chrome and FF users will benefit from the effect.

Edit: Now removed, the effect wasn't that good.

The software has been upgraded to RC3, which essentially means it's not far away from being officially released as a stable version.

I don't anticipate there being any problems but if you notice anything unusual, let me know.

T...but if you notice anything unusual, let me know.
Seems the Everyone option was deleted from the Accepting Conversations & profile post options, only Members & followers can do that now.

Makes a lot more sense now :thumbsup:

We are now on the first stable release of the software, version 1.0.0.
As usual, it took just 5 minutes to upgrade :)

From now on, any new releases will include new features and functionality so I will ensure I mention them when we upgrade.

Aarghh!!

Google have made changes to the API and now the RSS feed doesn't work with the table on the home page >:(

I wouldn't mind but they're both Google APIs so they've caused their own code to become incompatible with itself :rolleyes:

Well I think we can safely conclude the new software has been a resounding success.

Since the migration 2 months ago, there have been over 7,000 posts.
That puts the average post rate at 3,500 per month, as opposed to 1,000 per month which is what it was before the switch.

No doubt the start of the new season is a factor but in my opinion, the software itself, especially the alerts system is the biggest one.

It's probably the best decision we've ever made with regards to the site.

Back
Top Bottom