Announcement Welcome to the all-new Clip The Apex

Regarding chat, would members find it useful to have BB Code buttons available for e.g. IMG, QUOTE, smilies, etc?

I could ask Darkimmortal about this but it would most likely require payment so I would like to determine how important it is to have before I approach him.

Whoops!

Bit of a major screw-up there.
I copied an .htaccess file to the wrong directory which took the whole site down for 10 minutes :D

oops.gif

Regarding chat, would members find it useful to have BB Code buttons available for e.g. IMG, QUOTE, smilies, etc?.

Smilies would be nice but not essential, and img a def no only because "HE" will just keep posting finger pictures of a certain German LOL (ok it may be nice too) ;)

I used the 'log in or sign up' box at the top of the page, and ticked 'Stay logged in', but I had to login again to see the Account Upgrades page (I ticked the box on the page too and it seems to have saved it). I'll log out in a minute and see if I can recreate it (this is on Firefox) - I tried it just now on Internet Explorer 8 and all was fine.

Great stuff Bro, what a pleasure it is to come back after a lay off and find a wonderful new forum for us to use! :)

Cheers mate

Looking good Brogan.

Checked out the site at the weekend on the Gooseberry while out and about. Mostly all a-OK and possibly faster loading than the old software.

One thing I noticed is that all hyperlinks right of the red bar in my pic do not have any function on the Raspberry, whether java is on or off... Doesn't really bother me since i only use it to check in once in a while, but thought id let you know...

Attachments

• Nav Bar.JPG
    Nav Bar.JPG
    4.8 KB · Views: 117
I've just come back to the website after a short break and I'm logged out again, I suspect the 'stay logged in' box from the 'log in or sign up' option at the top of the page is not working correctly (I definitely ticked it, and I'm not having any issues with other forums)..

I've just come back to the website after a short break and I'm logged out again, I suspect the 'stay logged in' box from the 'log in or sign up' option at the top of the page is not working correctly (I definitely ticked it, and I'm not having any issues with other forums)..

Try clearing cookies Alex and clearing cache.
I logged in on Saturday and I've been logged in since with no problems.

For what it's worth, I'm also using Firefox and I've had no problem staying logged in since Sunday. Both when I've just gone to another site and then come back to CTA, and also when I've turned my PC off overnight and come back the next day. Both scenarios I have stayed logged in... :)

Now I know this might not be "up there" on your list of priorities, but I reckon it would bring a certain continuity of design..

What's I on about? Well, what I'm talking about is the Tab Icon. Like this:

Tab Icon.jpg

See, the little orange & black motif doesn't sit well with the green and black...

Unless you're going for a 'Lotus Renault'/'Lotus Renault' confusion affect, I suspect a change might be on the cards...

But like I say, this may not be high on the list of priorities. If it isn't, carry on as you were..!
whistle.gif

By the way Bro, the new design and the software is great!
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom