Weird Science

To be pedantic, the bottle explodes not the alcohol/chlorine mix. The reaction must give off some sort of gas, which builds up pressure in the bottle and eventually ruptures it. There's plenty of places gas can escape from a person (he he :snigger:), so a person wouldn't explode, but the gas that's given off could be some pretty nasty stuff as chlorine is involved.

I think the main reason not to drink and swim is the same reason to not drink and drive etc.

Last edited:
As far back as 1970's a futurist proposed a transatlantic vacuum tube "train" idea that was very similar in concept. The idea resurfaces from time to time in various guises and you never know. After all It is the 21st Century and if someone has the will perhaps at last there is a way.:thinking:

Looks like the Virgin space plane is coming along nicely...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-23999742
I long have held that the next human footprints left on the moon will be made by Dr Scholl's sandals worn by a tourist travelling in a Burt Rutan-designed rocket. He's very much a Colin Chapman-style engineer: simplificate, then add lightness. When one of his junior designers offers a prototype of a part/component, his litmus test is to toss it into the air. If it comes down, his pat answer is, "Nope, too heavy. Make it lighter."

If I were going on a space shot I would not want to go via a Colin Chapman design. There were too many bad ones amongst the superb ones.

Table held up by the buckets sitting on it. SCIENCE.

screenshot.39.jpg

All four strings need to be the same length and the table to be the same weight as the bucket and contents combined.

Could do the maths but it's early and I'm hungover

Back
Top Bottom