WDC using the FB System

FB

Not my cup of cake
Valued Member
As some of you on here may recall I have been proposing using the "Points for Places - Lowest Score Wins" system for some time and I've now worked out the result for 2010. I'm sure you'll be excited to know it ends up as follows:

Fernando Alonso 103
Sebastian Vettel 114
Mark Webber 115
Jenson Button 121
Lewis Hamilton 122
Felipe Massa 149
Nico Rosberg 157
Robert Kubica 158
Michael Schumacher  191
Rubens Barrichello 210
Adrian Sutil 223
Jaime Alguersuari 246
Vitaly Petrov 259
Nico Hülkenberg 267
Sébastien Buemi 275
Kamui Kobayashi 279
Vitantonio Liuzzi 284
Heikki Kovalainen 318
Pedro de la Rosa 349
Timo Glock 357
Jarno Trulli 360
Lucas di Grassi 363
Bruno Senna 371
Karun Chandhok 396
Nick Heidfeld 399
Sakon Yamamoto 419
Christian Klien 446

Just to remind you, each place in the race gets a point, 1 for first, 24 for last. A DNF get's the points for the place, a DNS get's the points from the qualifying position and any driver not taking part in a race (such as the HRT boys) get 24 points for each race not entered.

So using the FB system Fernando is the Champion and wouldn't have needed that place from Felipe in Germany to win.

FB said:
As per this discussion from a 1,000 years ago McZ, consistency and wins. It would also have meant 5 drivers went into the last race with a chance of winning the title.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=427&hilit=system
:o

Not only did I not remember it, but I contributed to the thread..!... At least twice! And I agreed with the idea! LOL

... this thread must have slipped my mind. :unsure:

Or did my mind slip the thread? :thinking:

If you look back at the thread I put a link to Snowy you will see I've worked out the scores from a number of other years and, typically, it makes naff all difference. Just goes to show, as we witnessed this year, that unless there is a huge gap between the points for different places the scoring system is really secondary to the result. A narrower gap does keeps more people in the title race however.

Back
Top Bottom