Wall of Champions

RasputinLives

No passing through my dirty air please
Contributor
With 7 to choose from I wonder if this unique feature of Montreal is getting hungry for the upcoming GP.

Its victims consist of

Michael Schumacher
Jacques Villeneurve
Damon Hill
Jenson Button
Juan Pablo Montoya (was at the time KART champion)
Nico Rosberg(who at the time was GP 2 champion)
Vitantonio Liuzzi (ermmm.... F1 dancing champion?)
Jarno Trulli (F1 wine champion?)
David Coulthard (F1 square faced champion)

have I missed any?

What odds on Vettel joining the club this weekend?

Out of the 5 champions on the grid only 2 have visited the infamous wall.

Alonso won't be going fast enough, Hamilton needs to get back in gear after the last race so that only leaves Vettel

With the tyres this year, it could very easily claim another few victims.

The way the top 5 are driving though, the odds are against it being an ex or current champion.

It's down to who gets over aggressive on the kerbs through the final chicane.

I've noticed Massa being fairly keen over the kerbs on a number of occasions this season.

Kobayashi's race ended in the wall last year. He's David Coulthard's "Unofficial, and Utterly Innacurate" overtaking champion of the last few years, not sure if that counts for anything.

Well Maldonado is current GP2 champion and Di Resta is current DTM champion so maybe it'll eat them.

The wall is always looking for its next meal................Will it be an experienced or rookie driver that satisfies it's appetite?

Thinking back to Monaco, the Ferrari's often looked very lively in similar corners and very nearly got intimate with the Armco on numerous occasions.

One thing is for sure, if anyone gets as sideways as Gilles on my avatar and keeps going I'll be very impressed.

Matter of interest, just how many drivers has that "Wall of Champions" claimed? Probably a stupid question and thinking about it I don't really expect a definitive answer so :please:no-one go delving into the history books to find the answer. You'll probably end up missing the next GP!:)

It got Zonta aswell, apparently he was a champion in something, it was in a quiz but I can't for the life of me what series he was a champion in!

A wall of champignon

3308540740_a9c3d34c64.jpg

Sorry, couldn't resist LOL

The wall is always looking for its next meal................Will it be an experienced or rookie driver that satisfies it's appetite?

Thinking back to Monaco, the Ferrari's often looked very lively in similar corners and very nearly got intimate with the Armco on numerous occasions.

One thing is for sure, if anyone gets as sideways as Gilles on my avatar and keeps going I'll be very impressed.

does kamui's count?

Won the following series: Formula Renault Eurocup and Formula Renault 2.0 - 2005, GP2 Asia Series 2008 - so you could say he's a champ'.:) So, yes, why not.:thinking:

Back
Top Bottom