Verstappen will be the least worthy WDC after Button, Räikkönen, Rosberg, and Vettel

He may be a lovely guy, but he doesn’t give that impression. He won’t be someone I admire, but does he deserve the WDC, I shall need to pay more attention before Ican say.

this is absoulte rubbish, i cant believe that a knowledgeable F1 fan as we all are on here as seriously suggested Jacques Villeneuve is a more deserving champion than Verstappen. have you not been watching F1 over the last 5 years. does his behaviour matter most drivers are horrible in the car but he's seems alright out of the car, we cant explain people to be angels

Button is 1 of most underrated champions there is, he was wet weather master, beat lewis hamilton in the same car & won the championship in a team that made eddie jordan look rich & 2009 car never got upgraded so by the time you were getting in the business end of the season it was 3rd or 4th best car

as much as i disliked vettel, i really disliked vettel. i cant take away how brilliant he was in 2011 & 2013

I was not expecting this thread to be put up already because he is not guaranteed to be champ

I agree with Andyoak he is the most unpleasant and certainly biggest dickhead world champion if becomes one since Nelson Piquet. Driving for a team who act like cry babies who then tend to goad other teams and act as though they are being picked on all the time whilst treating some of their own boys like💩 has not helped whilst he has been protected that image either.

I cannot say he is more undeserving if he beats Hamilton to the title

The least undeserving do go to Raikkonen and Villeneuve in the last 25 years but certainly you could say Schumacher and Senna did not deserve one of their titles the manner they accomplished it

I also feel Hakkinen's title in 1999 was close to be undeserving given he seems to find ways to throw races away including 😭 in Monza when he should have romped away with it but then the other alternative was Irvine who both Lauda and Scheckter said was not good enough to be world champion

To me least worthy would be somebody winning without making any effort or somebody winning just because or by accident. Verstappen seems to put in the effort so if he does win (and I don't think he will in 2021 anyway), he will, by definition, be worthy.

Personality wise, he appears rather typical to me: modest when starting out/young, cocky after a few years of experience/success, then matures and becomes more reasonable. Doesn't that apply in all aspects of life.

After yesterdays comments my view for Verstappen as least worthy champion has gone up and you can add most unpleasant world champion

This is Red Bull. A team with a long history of moaning their backsides off when things don't go their way. They are to F1 what Arsene Wenger's eyesight was to refereeing decisions.

Laser like clarity when he wanted it his way and like a 90 year old with cataracts when it went against one of his players.

This is Red Bull. A team with a long history of moaning their backsides off when things don't go their way. They are to F1 what Arsene Wenger's eyesight was to refereeing decisions.

Laser like clarity when he wanted it his way and like a 90 year old with cataracts when it went against one of his players.
I did not see what Hamilton did wrong

I would expect that after an incident like this both team principals, and the rest of their teams, would be fighting their corner.

Il_leone when the collision it was Vertapens rear wheel to Hamilton's front wheel - had it been front wheel to front wheel Hamilton would have a stronger but quite possibly he might have had a car in a lot of pieces.

Either way I don't want to see Verstappen as champion. If more moves like this are needed to fend off the brat, then bring them on.

Back
Top Bottom