USA GP, Austin 2013 Marriott Hotels

ZakspeedYakspeed

NeverUnderestimateThePredictabilityOfStupidity
Valued Member
Quick heads up... if anyone is thinking of attending the USA GP 2013 and is a Marriott rewards member... there are only two hotels showing that can be booked with points (or at NORMAL PRICES) during the race weekend for next year (today is the first day their system will take bookings for Sunday 17th November)...

* Horseshoe Bay resort (quite a long drive to the track)

* Austin Marriott North (a little closer to the track than I was staying this year) - close to the highway that joins the toll road that is a straight shot down to the track...

Suffice to say I just booked my room for next years race with points. It still shows availability for points bookings...but your guess is as good as mine as to how long that will last.

For a booking checking in on Thursday 14th, checking out Sunday 17th, they show rates of one (1) night @ $220/night, the other two (2) nights at $136/night, total $537...

Less than 48hrs after I managed to book a room for next years race on points at Austin Marriott North... the option to book with points no longer exists...

I think Marvin might have missed the memo over the weekend to lockout rewards bookings for the race weekend next year :thinking:

Before booking, it's worth remembering that Austin have asked their date to be moved as there's a major 'football' match that day... That'd be rugby football with body pads and indecipherable rules....

I saw that last week... cancellation is easy and free ... up until a few days prior to your stay...

If the date does get moved... I still think I will be faster than the Marriott at getting the "block" out to all of their hotels... ;)

Back
Top Bottom