Tyre Analysis - Valencia

I have created a file, but cant upload it here because it is too big. Brogan, any options...?

quoted to get your attention, you must be pretty busy keeping up with all the threads :)

I have put the file here.

Basically what it does is clean the fia pdfs (Race Lap Analysis & Lap Chart), to produce the data we need for this analysis. I have written it so that it should be possible to repeat any race, almost as simply as copying / pasting the pdfs into the sheets. The only things to be aware of are the different number of laps (formulas not populated beyond 57 laps) and the first couple of rows are somewhat dead data so the formulas are consistent from row 8 down.

When you have grabbed it, go to the "val laps" tab which is where all the useful outputs are. The main ones are lap time, gap ahead, gap behind - the idea being that we can analyse the times where a car is not stuck too close behind a competitor, without having to do all this manually like you had to with Button behind Rosberg for the first few laps in VAL.

I haven't quite figured out how to treat the process of lapping backmarkers (especially when there are more than one in a lap, or pistops are involved). The data is largely there, but it might make more sense to simply drop times that are x% above the prior and subsequent laps like you are already,

Hopefully you can then use this to make your analysis much easier to replicate!

Just had a brief glance and wow you really are an Excel junkie, some of those formulae are ridiculous!! Nice work, I'll have a proper look later.

I've had a play with it now - very impressed :thumbsup:- and made a few additions of my own so that now you should be able to copy/paste the Pirelli tyre info into the new Worksheet I've created and then the relevant tyre info for each stint will appear on the new columns I've made on the val laps worksheet from before. The new columns that are of interest are Stint No., Tyre Compound and Tyre Condition.

I've put it here (hopefully the link will work - you'll need to click download on the right hand side). jez - if you send me your email address I think I should be able to set things up so you can edit and upload new versions of the file to the same place if I can figure out how it works.

Back
Top Bottom