Two more teams for F1???

cider_and_toast

Exulted Lord High Moderator of the Apex
Staff Member
Valued Member
I found this link which seems to suggest that Prodrive and Epsilon will both have entries excepted for the 2010 grid which would put the number of teams up to 28. Perhaps one entry is being lined up to replace BMW but the second team would require a non-qualifier each race weekend. I can't see that happening. So is a another new entry being brought in as cover for Renault?

http://formula-1.updatesport.com/news/a ... /view.html

Possibly.

As far as I am aware, 26 is the upper limit due to pit lane and grid limitations at Monaco so these 2 prospective new teams would only be able to replace existing teams.

Renault could well be out next year.
We know they've been grumbling about F1 for a while now and if, as expected, Alonso goes to Ferrari next year, they're going to end up with a couple of mid-field drivers and not achieve very much most likely.
Having a French driver in the form of grosjean might make them play a little longer but only if they get results.

Would Briatore stump up his own cash to buy the team if Renault pulled out?

Brogan said:
Would Briatore stump up his own cash to buy the team if Renault pulled out?

What, and challenge for the "most obnoxious team on the grid" award to go with his "most obnoxious man in F1" award and his "most obnoxious chairman in London football" award?

I don't like him at all, lets hope he's gone for good!

Back
Top Bottom