Tweaks

Yeah it wasn't long after one of those extremely dull sessions when the qualifying format changed. They tried the 1 lap special but I don't think anyone liked it.

I do like the current format, they just need to get the tyres sorted so we get more action on track.

Why not just cut Qualifying in half.

Have q1 - 10 mins
have q2 - 7 mins
have q3 - 5 mins.

That'll get em out on the track. Any teams that fail to have both their cars set a time in those sessions gets fines and possible grid drops for the next race. Harsh but fair IMHO :ok:.

Only problem with that is if there is a crash and the session is red flagged, also what would you do for the remaining half hour? Qualifying does need to take an hour to make it value for money for the fans, especially in the events with few support races.

F1 has a big problem now. It is trying to please most people all of the time and that's not impossible but it is improbable. I've followed F1 for over forty years and from only seeing it now and then, often only as highlights, to the wall to wall coverage we get now, changes have always happened in the nick of time. 2014 will be different but maybe a tweak to qualy' would be a good idea. Not sure much else can be done with it though. All of the previous formats have left something to be desired. One things for sure I for one much prefer how it is now to any of the reverse grid crap and races split into "sprint" and " feature" formats. We've already got other kinds of car racing to watch if that's what we want.

Methinks I'll just have to wait and see what happens and enjoy the end of the V8 F1 era for what it is.

The basics.

Get rid of mandatory pitstops, and the rule of the top 10 having to start on the same tyre that they qualified on.

Add to that, give them a new set of options and prime tyres for the next session the driver gets into, and cut Q1 by 5 minutes, and cut Q2 by 5 minutes.

Or simply get rid of retarded tyres.

Back
Top Bottom