To the Tune of F1

cider_and_toast

Exulted Lord High Moderator of the Apex
Staff Member
Valued Member
One of my other life long passions is Music. I've got a pretty big (and very decent IMHO) vinyl collection.

So let's see if we can compile a Clip the Apex top of the pops.

To make the list the song has to have some connection to formula one. As an example the connection could be as a theme tune, featuring an F1 driver on the record or in the video or having F1 as a subject in the song.

Here are a few to begin with:

1) Fleetwood Mac - The Chain. Taken from the multi platinum album "Rumours". BBC1 Main Theme

2) George Harrison - Faster. Taken from the album "George Harrison" and written about F1. Features JYS as a chauffer in the video plus some fantastic in car footage from the last 70s.

3) Moby - Lift me up - ITVs answer to the chain only not as good.

4) Robbie Williams - Supreme - Fantastic video featuring Robbie as an F1 driver (Robbies car is a Lotus type 72 (A or B version for fact fans). JYS takes the title because Robbie accidently gets locked into his motor home and dosn't make the start.

So that's four, Over to you guys..............

5) Times Like These (acoustic) by the Foo Fighters - was used by the BBC in the post-Australia montage, seemed somehow fitting. :)

cider_and_toast said:
One of my other life long passions is Music. I've got a pretty big (and very decent IMHO) vinyl collection.

So let's see if we can compile a Clip the Apex top of the pops.

To make the list the song has to have some connection to formula one. As an example the connection could be as a theme tune, featuring an F1 driver on the record or in the video or having F1 as a subject in the song.

Here are a few to begin with:

1) Fleetwood Mac - The Chain. Taken from the multi platinum album "Rumours". BBC1 Main Theme

2) George Harrison - Faster. Taken from the album "George Harrison" and written about F1. Features JYS as a chauffer in the video plus some fantastic in car footage from the last 70s.

3) Moby - Lift me up - ITVs answer to the chain only not as good.

4) Robbie Williams - Supreme - Fantastic video featuring Robbie as an F1 driver (Robbies car is a Lotus type 72 (A or B version for fact fans). JYS takes the title because Robbie accidently gets locked into his motor home and dosn't make the start.

So that's four, Over to you guys..............

I like the song Lift Me Up, but I really don't like it used in f1. I thought that and the intro for ITV was naff. Much prefer the one from 2000-2002. Forgot what the song was though.Liking the choice of George Harrison there.

Back
Top Bottom