The Wimbledon whenever, yawn, thread or "Is it over Yet?"

teabagyokel

Thought that someone might bring up Novak Djokovic, until he had his amazing year in 2011 he had only one 1 Grand slam title, and he is only up to 5 at the moment, which is by the way is not to be sneezed at. The point i was trying to make is the fact that Federer and Nadal have been winning Grand Slam titles on a consistent basis for the past 5/6 years.

It will be interesting to see how Djokovic reacts to his loss. He was poor in the semi as much as Federer was good. Was his 2011 season just a one-off? I doubt it, he's always been quite good but like Murray was missing something until 2011.

If they raised the Union Flag on his win, I'd give him my support. They had a Scottish flag ready to go up, which of course never got used. If Henman had won, would we have seen the Union Flag or the St Georges Cross? Anybody know?

He said at the end that he was ever so grateful for the support of his fans. Well the best way to thank them, had he won, would be to raise the Union Flag. The Scottish flag would be a bit of a spit in the eye to his British supporters that aren't of the Scottish denomination.

My question regarding Henman's flag....?

Union Jack flag i think as they represent Great Britain in the Davis Cup, and also they are part of the LTA which is the governing body of British tennis.

I seem to remember a certain Eddie Irvine being very vocal about not getting the Irish national anthem played or the Irish flag raised when he on a few occasions won a race. and yet he was from Northern Ireland which is a part of the British Isles....

Mind you he is a gob shite....

I think Federer is truly the greatest ever.
And it's good to see Murray showing some emotion, away from his usual miserable façade.

Why is he always miserable though, I'm not a fan of his despite being Scottish. But he's probably the most scrutinised player on the tour, the press never give him slack, especially the English side, he's got so much pressure on his shoulders compared to the rest of the top players. Did you see the newspapers on Saturday and today? Murray everywhere "please do it for Britain" and all that. Add more salt to the wounds, he's the best of the rest in the best tennis era.

I wonder if you would be happy being his position.

Back
Top Bottom