The Test Driver Sprint Race

At the risk of repeating myself - isn't that what GP2 is for?

And isn't there a risk that, by throwing in extra F1 racing (either with older cars or less-experienced drivers), you end up slightly devaluing the "main event"?

F1 is the pinnacle (apparently), so by making it exclusive to a mere handful of drivers each season, you maintain it at the apex of all teams'/drivers' ambitions. Simply handing out Sunday-morning mini-races to the hopefuls makes a mockery of that exclusivity (and that's even before we get into the question of financing the extra running).

Sorry to be a wet blanket on this, but if your test/reserve drivers cannot prove themselves in the junior formulae, then why bother having GP3, GP2, F2, WSBR et al? No - there has been a concerted effort to develop a proven ladder for (some) young drivers to attain the goal of F1 - I don't see the point in adding to it, simply to satisfy some people's desire to see more F1 cars on track.

Am I the only person who thinks that cramming more and more races into a season isn't necessarily a good thing? You have to maintain some form of expectation, otherwise you ultimately risk saturating the market to the point of apathy.

Every cloud BB LOL

Don't forget that you can't have a silver lining without a cloud.

I'm sorry, but I just cannot see teams allowing their precious cars to be used on Sunday mornings unless they can get test data from them. They would need a lot of persuasion, i.e. bags of money, to get them to maintain and race older F1 cars. Who would pay for that?

Don't forget that you can't have a silver lining without a cloud.

I'm sorry, but I just cannot see teams allowing their precious cars to be used on Sunday mornings unless they can get test data from them. They would need a lot of persuasion, i.e. bags of money, to get them to maintain and race older F1 cars. Who would pay for that?

At last.A realistic sensible post on this subject regarding the cost of such an idea..

At last.A realistic sensible post on this subject regarding the cost of such an idea..

I actually said that in the article itself if you read it. My idea would have worked better back in the days when every team had a T-car (again mentioned in the article)

Back
Top Bottom