The season is over already

Greenlantern101

Super Hero And All Round Good Guy
Contributor
Max is now 90 points clear with 8 races to go. He could stay at home the next 3 races and still be 15 points clear.

To be able to start 14th at Spa and take the win 18 seconds clear of 2nd place and 26 seconds clear of Ferrari is just insane. Redbull must now have the most dominant car in many decades or possibly ever seen in F1.

Not sure I'm going to bother watching the rest. What's the point.

Most dominant car of all time may be over doing it a tad, well quite a big tad really, but Red Bull have certainly got everything together this season and are now untouchable in the championship.

Ferrari have contributed to the gap by reverting to their traditional poor race management policies and the Mercedes is simply junk at most circuits.

Verstappen needs to win 4 of the remaining 8 races to equal Sebs record of 13 wins in a season and 5 to take the record outright.

I think its more than likely.

domination in sport is boring because its not what we want, we want what we had in 2021 (to a point ;)) i wouldnt say apart from yesterday it was vettel, schumacher, or mansell like, this season but it is a 1 off or a 2 off with Dutch gp next weekend. but it was ominous for me he will win title in japan. my predictions are wins the next 2, 2nd in singapore which means he would only need a top 2 in japan to clinch the title

yeah i would have him odds on to take the record

Last edited:
domination in sport is boring because its not what we want, we want what we had in 2021 (to a point ;)) i wouldnt say apart from yesterday it was vettel, schumacher, or mansell like, this season but it is a 1 off or a 2 off with Dutch gp next weekend. but it was ominous for me he will win title in japan. my predictions are wins the next 2, 2nd in singapore which means he would only need a top 2 in japan to clinch the title

yeah i would have him odds on to take the record
The only saviour might be Red Bull so busy thrashing everyone that they take their eye off next season.

Resulting in everyone being only 4 tenths a lap slower next year instead of 6?

:facepalm:
then I am expecting a repeat of 2014 when Red Bull were crying out they wanted the rules changed because they took their eye off the ball trying to thrash everyone in 2013 and if they did not they will quit

I think Ferrari will go backwards and Mercedes will move forwards to be the closest challengers. Its been proven Ferrari can't do anything right without a proper leader once again

Conversely, as RB's car is so far ahead of everything else, they can spend more time developing for next year now.
Like to believe that but that is what happened in 2013 they spent their time chasing records rather than realising to focus on 2014 . Horner had to have a dig at Toto at the weekend. I just wish other teams will come along and shut him up I use to hate Ferrari and Todt saying what they were doing was strictly business if Schumacher wins and Barrichello does not challenge . Red Bull don't need to rub it in and antagonise others but they love doing it

I now understand why everyone hated the 2013 F1 season. Although I have to say that Sebastian Vettel was, is, and continues to be, a much more likeable character than Max Verstappen.

Sebastian Vettel was, is, and continues to be, a much more likeable character than Max Verstappen.
Now he is.

He was an annoying **** when he was winning though, just like Verstappen.

Verstappen won't even have that - he'll always be an irritating, hugely unlikeable ****.

I now understand why everyone hated the 2013 F1 season. Although I have to say that Sebastian Vettel was, is, and continues to be, a much more likeable character than Max Verstappen.
we had just gone through multi 21 & never underestimate how much i wanted to snap that finger off

temp 1.jpg

Max is now 90 points clear with 8 races to go. He could stay at home the next 3 races and still be 15 points clear.
Given the current form, it's even possible that the WDC could be decided with as many as 5 races still remaining. Yes, the RB is a faster car and has an added advantage during a race (even if Ferrari were quicker in qualy) because the Ferrari uses up its tires sooner and can’t sustain its pace. Nevertheless, the Ferrari is a good enough car for this to have been a close fight between Max and CL. The reason it’s not is clearly down to the team and also deficiencies of CL. The team has continued to shoot itself in the foot, notably with poor strategy calls that have hurt both drivers. But CL is also a factor here. Despite the team’s incompetence, he certainly should have more than 3 wins at this point. In regard to being a top notch WDC competitor he currently has some notable shortcomings: he has lacked the keen level of consistency required for a title run; he has too often failed to extract the maximum potential from the car; and as the team’s top driver he has failed to galvanize the team into a more focused and effective unit. I have no doubt that if Lewis was driving that Ferrari he would now be engaged in another close, intense title fight with Max. CL is in his prime years and this is his first genuine title competition so we’ll have to see if he’s able to learn from this experience and overcome his shortcomings. In the meantime, Max will have as easy a WDC win as can be had.

As a good comparable to this season I think it's 2001. Ferrari car wasn't that much better so that they would win titles with quarter of season to go but their operations worked better than in McLaren and Williams. On top of that, a great driver performing near his best.

Back
Top Bottom