The return of the French GP?

F1 went 20 years without Spa once... Not that that is right or proper.

Grand Prix racing should be in France. It should be 1st on the calendar. Somewhere. But not at Bugatti, of course, its terrible by all accounts!

A lot of us often wish for GP history to be better represented by the circuits the sport travels to. It would be nice to see France back on the calendar, it was where the sport began after all.

At least Spa will still be available for the FIA GT1 races. The missus and I are going to this years event:)

If anyone in the UK is looking to go to a race I can recommend Spa as being fantastic value with fantastic viewing and mediocre hot dogs.

Well worthwhile the trip and the best way to support the race is probably to go there and pay an entry fee.

There are good packages where you can stay in Brussels and get a coach to and from the track. You can often wrap this up with Eurostar from London to Brussels too.

Or, you can drive and camp. It's relatively close.

The French used to have two of the all-time great circuits-- Rouen and Clermont-Ferrand. What a pity they cound never be used again.

The French used to have two of the all-time great circuits-- Rouen and Clermont-Ferrand. What a pity they cound never be used again.

Don't forget Riems, the layout seems a bit dull, but there were great slipstream battles.

A shame road courses were killed off.

I feel like F1 at Le Mans (the big track not the crappy Bugatti one) would be insanely awesome. But thats never gonna happen

It is never going to happen. That would be one hell of a DRS zone, wouldn't it?
They'd have to somewhat tweak the quali format too...

And it would take around 3 minutes for an f1 car to do a lap.... I suppose they could chop it in two.

And it would take around 3 minutes for an f1 car to do a lap.... I suppose they could chop it in two.

Imagine staying out a lap too long on shod tyres there! How much time you'd end up losing! Thats just on drys. Imagine missing the pitlane as it started throwing it down!

Actually that seems a good reason for F1 to race it.

Back
Top Bottom